Delivery Driver and Warehouse Worker 9/19/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Auto req ID
Delivery Driver and Warehouse Worker
Regular / Temporary:
Full-Time / Part-Time:
Overall Job Summary
Operates assigned truck for the purpose of delivery of finished product and picking up of raw materials or defective product, unloads and loads trucks, stores product and raw materials, maintains all log books.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Operate assigned equipment safely in accordance with company, Department of Transportation, and OSHA safety programs and rules.
* Performs work in accordance to approved procedures and work instructions.
* Reports quality and production concerns and issues to supervisor.
* Cross trails on all work stations within department.
* Conducts operator level preventative maintenance on all assigned equipment according to the preventative maintenance schedule.
* Keeps work environment neat and clean.
* Assist to load and unload trailers, and with storage and placement of materials.
* Verify finished product prior to shipment.
* Prepares shipments according to approved methods.
* All other duties as required.
Qualifications / Requirements
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must maintain a current lift truck certification issued by the company. Must hold a current CDL license.
Matthews International affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age or disability. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the HR Service Center at 412-442-8295 or HRService@matw.com. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled