This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/20/2017
END DATE 12/8/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONDesign Consultant
Location: Chicago, IL
As a Design Consultant on the Global Specifications team, you will be responsible for maintaining a close relationship with architectural and design firms and coordinating our specification efforts in the Chicago market. You will be partnering with global firms to introduce KOHLER and Kallista products, get them specified, and grow our business with the assigned account list. Your goal is to become the preferred specification professional for all assigned architect & design firms.
* Establish and maintain regular contact with key local architectural and design firms to introduce new products, assist in selecting product, and write specification proposals within an assigned account list.
* Be the liaison between our global architect/designer customers and our own sales forces regionally throughout the world.
* Be an expert in international design trends and specification.
* Build trust and rapport with local accounts, whether their projects are domestic or international, to create economic partnership.
* Displace competitors product on specifications and make KOHLER brands the primary choice of these global developer and architectural design firms.
* Research key firms and secure meetings with each office to analyze their business.
* Build personal relationships and build trust with personnel at all levels of the firm, including principals and key designers.
* Recommend how to support the clients needs while increasing our sales potential.
* Bachelor's degree or higher.
* Formal education in a design field and/or experience in a design industry is required.
* 3-4 years of work experience in architectural and design firms is preferred.
* Sales or marketing work experience is preferred.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, conversant in working cross-culturally.
* Self-driven, self-disciplined, and goal-oriented with a high sense of urgency.
* Willing to travel 20%.
WHY WORK AT KOHLER CO.*
Kohler Co.'s mission is to contribute to a higher level of gracious living for those who are touched by our products and services. We understand that it takes investment in our associates development to make that happen. So, we offer ongoing investment in each individual s personal development and the opportunity to collaborate with others across functions and roles at Kohler.
In addition to the investment in your development, Kohler offers a benefits package including a competitive salary, health, vision, dental, 401(k) with company matching, and more!
Beyond the competitive benefits and compensation, Kohler proudly offers a rich history, steeped in creativity and a commitment to our associates and communities. We invite you to learn more about our culture and company at www.kohler.com.
It is Kohler s policy to recruit, hire, and promote qualified personnel in all job classifications without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, disability or veteran status. If, as an individual with a disability, you need reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com. Kohler Co. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.