Design Engineering Technician II 10/10/2017
Arden Hills, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB SUMMARY
DESIGN ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN II LOCATED IN ARDEN HILLS, MN
Assists in the design, fabrication, debug and verification of customer products and design solutions in development areas, including product design, automation and test development.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND COMPETENCIES
* Interface and communicate with internal and external customers, for relatively standard products, regarding project requirements and status
* Participate in quoting and scheduling activities required to complete the design service deliverables
* Drive and coordinate process development and improvement
* Communicate with customer technical personnel, regarding technical issues, under the guidance of senior technicians or engineers
* Analyze and select appropriate components for customer products when assigned to customer product design
* Interpret intermediate level prints to build cables, electrical panels and machine wiring
QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
* A basic to intermediate understanding of advanced applications/technologies
* Demonstrate intermediate knowledge of the use of standard lab equipment, such as Digital Multi-Meters, Oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc.
* Demonstrate ability to create detailed design documentation, applying knowledge of industry standard practices
* Demonstrate proficiency in one or more test software application when assigned to test solution
* Demonstrate effective use of Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) software, both electrical and mechanical applications, when assigned to support process automation services
* Demonstrate a good aptitude for understanding design and fabrication methods; Participate in design activities of customer products, automation solutions and/or test solutions using various applications and technologies
* Demonstrate an excellent understanding of technology principles
* Demonstrate a good working knowledge in or more of the following areas: mathematics, electronics, mechanisms, CAD design
* Demonstrate very good problem solving skills and the ability to make sound independent technical recommendations
* Demonstrate intermediate level integration debug skills for non-complex systems
5+ years of experience
2 year Technical degree in electronics.
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Benchmark Electronics, Inc. to base all employment-related decisions on principles of equal employment opportunity.
It is Our Policy to
Recruit, hire, promote, assign, compensate and train highly qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, or any other basis protected by applicable law
Administer all personnel actions such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, discipline, termination, Company-sponsored training, education, and social and recreational programs without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, or any other basis protected by applicable law
Provide reasonable accommodation where necessary and feasible, and otherwise treat equally, qualified individuals with disabilities
Provide a workplace free of prohibited harassment, including sexual harassment