Desktop Support Engineer, Int. 9/19/2017
Fort Belvoir, VA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT:
Desktop Support Engineer, Intermediate
Under indirect supervision, the Desktop Support Engineer, Intermediate's role is to provide a single point of contact for end users to receive support and maintenance within the Regional Network Enterprise Center, National Capital Region (RNEC-Client) desktop computing environment. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading hardware and equipment (including but not limited to PCs, laptops, printers, scanners and Black Berries) to ensure optimal performance.
Actively take ownership of Remedy tickets and problems assigned, accurately record work performed and troubleshoot issues (in person, by telephone, or via remote access) in a timely fashion. Provide direct end user assistance to include familiarizing users with basic software, hardware, and peripheral device operation. Effectively use approved diagnostic tools to diagnose network connectivity issues as well as image, copy and configure systems for deployment. Demonstrate the ability to escalate issues and involve experts for resolution as needed and enforce the rigorous application of Army Information Security/Information Assurance policies while providing a high level of customer support. Develop and maintain a sound understanding of approved operating systems and application software as well as business-related processes and procedures, company guidelines.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Install, upgrade, support, and troubleshoot printers, computer hardware, Windows 7 and Windows 10 OS, Office 2007 and 2010 as well as other authorized desktop applications and peripheral equipment.
* Perform general preventative maintenance tasks on computers, laptops, printers, and any other authorized peripheral equipment unless prohibited by existing customer warranties.
* Responsible for monitoring, operating, managing, troubleshooting, and restoring service to client personal computers (PCs) or laptops that have authorized access to the network.
* Escalate the issue/problem to proper Tier 3 Support team members when the restoration is beyond the scope of the computers, laptops, printers and any other authorized peripheral.
* Develop trends by monitoring and analyzing incoming calls, problems and support requests.
* Expert technical knowledge of PCs and desktop hardware
* Authoritative knowledge of current protocols, operating systems, and standards
* Windows 7 operation and software and hardware troubleshooting
* Microsoft Office 2007, Office 2010 support
* Working knowledge of AD, Server 2012, remote control tools and TCP/IP fundamentals
* Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories
* Proven customer service skills and effective time management, planning and organizing skills
* Function effectively in a team environment with both technical and non-technical team members
* Work effectively with minimal supervision and maintain a professional demeanor under stress
* Manage time efficiently, set priorities appropriately, schedule calls
* Attention to Detail - Demonstrates thoroughness and contentious attention to detail.
* Customer Service - Works with clients and customers to assess their requirements, provide information or assistance, explains the scope of available products and services; is committed to quality deliverables.
* Oral Communication - Expresses information effectively, listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds professionally.
* Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations and resolve issues.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* High-school diploma or educational equivalent required.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Systems, or other related scientific or technical discipline is preferred.
* Diploma from a technical or vocational school, work experience or industry certifications demonstrating technical proficiency may be substituted for education requirements.
* Must have three (3) to eight (8) years of experience providing IT implementation, troubleshooting, and maintenance support. Expert-level skills in Service Desk operations.
Candidate must possess the following certifications in order to meet the DoD Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level I Information Assurance (IA) Requirement:
Applicant must have and maintain at least one of the following Information Assurance (IA) certifications prior to beginning employment:
* CompTIA Security+ ce
* Higher certifications that meet IAT II and IAT III requirements are also acceptable. (Must be approved and verified by management.)
Applicant must also have the following Computing Environment (CE) certifications within 120 days from his/her start date:
* MCSA: Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate MCSA Windows 10 (70-697): Configuring Windows Devices, within 90 days
* Manual dexterity 80% to 100% of the time
* Lifting up to 25 pounds 15% of the time
* Carrying up to 25 pounds 15% of the time
* Reaching 25% of the time
* Standing 25% of the time
* Sitting 50% of the time
* Walking 25% of the time
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Telesis maintains a policy of non-discrimination for all employees and applicants in every facet of the company s operations. In compliance with federal and state laws, Telesis hires, trains, and promotes all qualified employees without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, disability, and any other legally protected status