Developer (Java / Oracle)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 2/17/2018
Farmington Hills, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONDeveloper (Java / Oracle) Under general direction, participates as a technical expert in design, development, coding, testing, and debugging of new software or significant enhancements to existing software. Works with technical staff to understand problems with software and develops specifications to resolve them. Competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of applications programming activities.
* Design, Develop and implement cost effective, high quality web applications to meet/exceed customer needs.
* Interface with customer to obtain a full understanding of the project requirements in order to recommend the appropriate technology to accomplish requirements.
* Provide project timeline estimates.
* Monitor actual deliverable deadlines against scheduled completion dates.
* Participate in all phases of Software Development Lifecycle.
* Support both client and department programming standards.
* Perform unit testing of all applications developed and/or enhancements to systems.
* Work with Quality Assurance team to ensure quality of work produced.
* Ensure backup and recovery procedures are in place.
* Take ownership of assigned tasks and responsibilities.
* Monitor application efficiencies to identify means of enhancing performance.
* Ability to be self-directed, able to focus on assignments with proven ability to multi-task.
* Willingness to learn, adapt new technologies
Bachelors Degree from a four-year University or College diploma in related field preferred. Equivalent experience and/or technical training may be considered.
Experience / Skill:
* Proficient in Web Site Design, solid understanding of Web infrastructure.
* 2 years current Java programming, JEE (Java Enterprise Edition), JSP (Java Server Pages), Java Servlets, JSTL, EL
* Eclipse development language, Apache Ant build tool, Java Objects
* 2 years current Oracle PL/SQL development experience.
* Good experience with Oracle Object Design and implementation (Oracle Packages, Procedures, Triggers).
* Working knowledge of source code management tool and job scheduler.
* Good business analysis skills with proven experience in proposing and developing solutions.
* Good systems analysis experience.
* Comfortable with maintenance of existing code base as well as new development.
* Well organized with proven success in managing assignments (supporting end users) to timely completion.
Experience with any of the following would be considered beneficial:
* SQL Server, SQL, Microsoft DTS, and/or .Net.
* Business integrator modeling, Web Services and SOAP.
* Experience working in a client focused environment.
34115 West Twelve Mile Road
Farmington Hills, 48331
34115 West Twelve Mile Road