This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 3/22/2018
Hitachi Consulting Corporation US
JOB DESCRIPTIONDev Ops Engineer
As Hitachi, Ltd.'s (NYSE: HIT) global consulting company, Hitachi Consulting is a recognized leader in delivering proven business and IT solutions to Global 2000 companies. We leverage decades of business process, vertical industry, and leading-edge technology experience to understand each company's unique needs. From business strategy development through application deployment, we are committed to helping clients quickly realize measurable business value and achieve sustainable ROI.
Hitachi Consulting's client base includes nearly 35 percent of the Fortune 100 and many leading mid-market companies. We offer a client-focused, collaborative approach and transfer knowledge throughout each engagement.
-This resource will be a key contributor to our Strategic Technology Solutions practice and will have the below responsibilities:
-Lead & own all technical aspects of system development including the integration, extension and upgrade of existing systems.
-Strategically shape the technical roadmap definition, establish engineering best practices and provide a managerial perspective and direction.
-Provide in-depth technical and hands-on leadership in the design and development of comprehensive, business oriented solutions.
-Evaluate and select the right technologies, rapidly develop prototypes and oversee the technical aspects of systems development and operations.
-Manage the development and deployment process to ensure that design standards are being followed, application requirements are fully implemented, technologies are efficiently and correctly implemented and a high level of maintainability and extensibility is achieved.
-Manage the execution and support multiple concurrent projects and ensure deadlines are met.
-Lead team meetings, stand-ups and architecture/design discussion.
-Serve as a mentor and coach for leads and developers, and either oversee and/or perform design code reviews of the technical work and coding.
-Contribute to development and QA tasks required by the project when necessary.
-Continually be seeking to identify and recommend areas of improvement in our solutions, technology stacks, SDLC and development processes and take full managerial ownership to make them better.
-Perform other related duties as assigned
-General consulting skills including: analysis and problem solving, written and verbal communication, and team collaboration.
-Excellent written and oral communication skills, Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
-Demonstrated success in performing work and managing complex and/or large consulting projects.
-Experience in full life-cycle of software development or methodology such as RUP or Agile, requirements analysis, design, development, testing and implementation
-Experience leading and managing teams of developers
-Experience working in a global delivery model leveraging offshore locations
-Bachelors Degree in computer science, mathematics, or equivalent experience
* 5 years of expertise in Service Oriented Design & implementing RESTful APIs in n-tier architectures
* 4 years of expertise designing and scaling cloud-based applications (AWS).
* Configuration and deployment experience in the following:
* AWS apps technologies such as RDS, Docker, DynamoDB
* AWS IaaS Technologies such as EC2/ECS, S3, ELB/ALB, VPC, Route 53, API Gateway, Lambda functions, CloudFront
* Deployed applications with Web UI frontends
* Deployed application with RESTful/SOAP services interfaces
- 5 years of experience and knowledge of SOA/micro-services (using Spring Framework)
* Strong Data Modeling skills, preferably using both Relational (Oracle, MySQL etc.) and NoSQL (Cassandra, DocumentDB, MongoDB, etc.)
* Strong database knowledge and working experience with MySQL/ Cassandra/ Titan/ Hadoop/ MongoDB/ ElasticSearch/ Redis
* Proficient with SOAP, WSDL, XSD, JSON, Web services and XML
* Understanding of Agile software development, Continuous Integration, GIT workflow and version control (Jira/Perforce/SVN/Bugzilla/GIT/GitFlow)
* Experience with Integration Testing, Unit Test frameworks, and Test Automation tools
-Experience with automation and configuration management technologies like CloudFormation, Jenkins, Chef and Puppet
-Experience with scripting languages such as Groovy, Perl, Python or Ruby for automation.
-3 years of experience in Custom Application Design & Development utilizing Java, J2EE, UNIX/Linux, PL/SQL, Data Structures, Design Patterns, Algorithms and Optimizations, Object-Oriented design, Shell scripting
-Experience with JBOSS, Apache, Tomcat servers
* Experience with optimization of queuing and message brokers (JMS, AWS SQS, SNS, ActiveMQ, Qpid, RabbitMQ)
No Travel, resource is requested to be based in close proximity to Plano, Texas.
Hitachi Consulting offers excellent benefits and career growth to all employees!
Hitachi Consulting Is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V