DevOps Engineer 9/19/2017
Ad Hoc, LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION
At Ad Hoc we build government digital services that are fast, efficient, and usable by everyone.
Ad Hoc brings small teams of highly skilled professionals from the private sector to build government software right the first time.
Solving government technology problems is about attacking big problems with design, engineering, and compassion. We re committed to continually improving what we build and staying focused on user needs for the long haul.
We re looking for a driven, organized, and passionate DevOps Engineer to guide our teams in delivering the very best digital services for the American people. The ideal Ad Hoc DevOps Engineer candidate lives and breathes continuous integration / continuous delivery (CI/CD) and wants their work to make a difference; cares passionately about the process of building products, the organization and cohesiveness of a product and team, and improving the lives of present and future Americans.
As part of our team, you will work with a small team of designers and engineers to design, develop, and deliver web-based applications and services. You'll work in collaboration with our government partners to building automated Continuous Delivery solutions that help enterprises deliver software of higher quality, at greater speed. Your work will impact the lives of millions of Americans.
* Minimum of 4+ years of work experience
* 4+ years of hands-on experience designing and implementing distributed systems.
* 3+ years experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
* Understanding of basic networking fundamentals: TCP/IP, UDP, routing, load balancing.
* Experience automating infrastructure, testing, and deployments of a web-based application with tools like Akamai or similar CDN, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, and/or Jenkins.
* Experience with monitoring and alerting solutions like PagerDuty, New Relic, and CloudWatch
* Legally authorized to work in the U.S now and in the future without sponsorship.
* Proficient spelling, grammar, and communication skills.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED EXPERIENCE
* Experience and understanding of one or more different agile methodologies, including Scrum, XP, or SAFe.
* Automation of applications through RESTful APIs
* Company-subsidized health, dental, and vision insurance
* Vanguard 401K plan
* 20 days of PTO
* Continuing education benefits
* Annual conference attendance benefit
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
Ad Hoc does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.