Financial Software Developer 10/11/2017
Newport Beach, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Position Description
We are PIMCO, a global investment management firm with a singular focus on preserving and enhancing investors assets. We manage investments for institutions, financial advisors and individuals, helping millions of people around the world meet their financial goals.
Our headquarters is located in Newport Beach, a beach community in the heart of Orange County, California. Your life here brings you to famous beaches, world class surfing, unparalleled hiking and biking terrain and close proximity to West powder in the winter. For families, Orange County offers some of the best schools and safest cities in the country, with 278 sunny days per year.
Our technology powers the firm s global trading platform. We employ sophisticated and cutting edge technology tools that support PIMCO s core investment management strategy.
Why PIMCO* At PIMCO you will join a dynamic, constantly evolving global firm that pushes you to grow, lead and innovate. You will be client- focused and work on technologies that will be put to immediate use. You will be part of a team whose members are encouraged to speak up with an idea or challenge existing views, regardless of title or tenure. You will have the opportunity to receive competitive compensation and other attractive benefits (Please see below).
PIMCO s Technology Teamis organized in small, focused, agile groups, that either work closely with business units to deliver value or develop core technologies that lever the product teams. Our environment fosters innovation and promotes entrepreneurial spirit, and we use top of the line tools. PIMCO recognizes the paramount role of tech now and in the future and invests in technology accordingly. Technology careers are available in Newport Beach, New York, London, Munich, Singapore and Tokyo.
We are looking for a WebApp DevOps Engineer who will be responsible for development, integration & configuration of the agile engineering support tools & environments for cutting edge proprietary trading systems, risk management systems and portfolio & client management reporting systems. The DevOps Engineer will be responsible for building monitoring solutions, implementing configuration management and runbook automation, standardizing processes and managing microservices, private cloud and web applications to help steer scalability and stability improvements early in the lifecycle of development while ensuring operational best practices are supported.
The ideal candidate is an energetic self-starter and a team player having a passion for software engineering and building automation who works well under pressure and has strong communication and technical skills.
* Focus on the development of operations/data management policies, strategies and operational guidelines for the organization's various financial products as they relate to the analysis, tracking, and reporting of various risk metrics.
* Work with large, complex data sets. Solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems.
* Design, Develop and Build Scalable Technical Solutions for efficient Data Storage and Access.
* Interact cross-functionally with a wide variety of people and teams. Work closely with financial engineers to identify opportunities and need for designing and developing scalable Technical Solutions.
* Primary (Minimum 2 years of experience after Masters)
* Expertise in one of the following programming languages: Python, C++ or Java.
* Experience writing performant stored procedures/functions/SQL statements is required.
* At least one year experience with big data technologies (spark and or hadoop ecosystem, hands on with hive/impala)
* Experience with distributed computing or cloud computing platforms such as AWS and Azure cloud services/Docker Technology, Kubernetes.
* Understanding of how HTTP works as it applies to RESTful architectures.
* Knowledge of Fixed Income products (Limited to Familiarity with Multi Factor Financial risk models and Stress Testing Principles should be ok).
* Tools for Analysis of large datasets.
* Principles of Time-series Analysis along with knowledge of statistical methods (computation of correlation and covariance matrix).
* CFA (any level) a plus, not required.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family. These benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage from your first day of employment.
401k Savings with company matching
Work/Life Programs such as Flexible Work Arrangements, Parental Leave & Support, Employee Assistance Plan, and Educational/CFA Certification Reimbursement Programs
Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office
WHERE ELSE YOU CAN FIND US
www.pimco.com or blog.pimco.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.