DevOps/Release Engineer - LifeLock/Norton
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 2/27/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONABOUT US
Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC) is the global leader in cyber security. Operating one of the world s largest cyber intelligence networks, we see more threats, and protect more customers from the next generation of attacks. We help companies, governments and individuals secure their most important data wherever it lives.
Are you looking for a job that can help make the world a safer place? Come work at Symantec!
Symantec is a proven Fortune 500 leader in cyber-security, innovation and technology.
Our award-winning Norton security products protect hundreds of millions of people around the world.
The Norton Site Reliability Engineering Team is a global team that supports mission critical high transaction cloud based server applications. The group is responsible for providing engineering operations support to our production systems. This involves developing software and tools to enable the continuous delivery of our applications, build and maintain comprehensive monitoring tools, and work to analyze technical requirements and develop appropriate solutions.
We are currently seeking a DevOps Engineer who specializes in Build and Release to join our team in supporting our Applications.
* Design, build and implement automated deployment frameworks (CI/CD) for delivery to multiple AWS cloud environments for our applications
* Maintain the continuous delivery pipeline for our enterprise software applications.
Troubleshoot CI/CD issues such as broken builds, failed test suites, and failed deployments.
* Develop supporting tools, plugins, services or infrastructure needed to augment automation
* Work closely with architects and developers with the aim of delivering operationally ready and production quality code within a rapid release cycle
* Create and maintain documentation of all automation in our environments
* Provide on-call support
* Escalate issues and work with Developers, Site Reliability Engineers, and Application owners to provide root cause analysis for application issues.
* Research, diagnose and identify solutions to resolve customer issues related to application use, design and configuration
* BS / BA degree in Computer Science or Information Systems, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* 5+ years experience as a software/build/release engineer for multi-tier, highly scalable applications on cloud platforms
* 3+ year s experience implementing CI/CD pipelines using tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, CI etc. Experience with containerized pipelines is a plus.
* 3 year s experience utilizing SQL to write complex queries to investigate and resolve production issues preferred.
* Solid working knowledge of Linux platforms
* Proficiency in more than one scripting languages (ie. unix shell scripting, Perl, Ruby, and/or Python)
* Strong knowledge and experience with various source control tools (SVN, GIT, etc.)
* Working experience with Cloud Computing (AWS strongly preferred)
* Experience with source code branching and merging strategy
* Excellent customer service attitude, communication skills (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.