DevOps Transformation Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/10/2017
END DATE 4/17/2018
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONBUSINESS UNIT:
Cubic Transportation Systems
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We re the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
JOB SUMMARY: The Senior DevOps Transformation Manager has deep understanding and scaling of DevOps process and tooling. Cubic is looking for a passionate individual who can help transform how we operate, how we think, and how we further leverage our strong foundation in transportation technology development & management. The Senior DevOps Transformation Manager will be accountable for schedules, budgets, and technical performance of assigned projects. This position typically works under limited supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Performs complex analysis of current operations and consults with cross functional teams to provide transformative recommendations to further move towards current DevOps practices.
* Engages with Manager/Director/VPs and their designated technical and business leads to evangelize the DevOps transformation initiatives.
* Builds a transformation plan, near term (2-3 months) and long term (6-18 months) that designs the company s DevOps journey focusing on key areas such as build, deploy, package and release automation within CI/CD, including environment and cloud based forms of automation, etc.
* Acts as the subject matter expert and engage with Cubic s customers ensuring strong linkage of transformation initiatives to customer requirements.
* Leads the introduction of approved programs that will further enhance platforms for automation and cross department integration.
* Participates in solution design for bid and proposal efforts to ensure DevOps principles & plans are leveraged.
* Coaches and mentors cross functional teams on DevOps practices and principles.
* Measures progress of transformation activities against plan (report on status), as well as maturity of adoption by the teams.
* Develops champions within each functional area, who can continue the maturity journey.
* Improves communication, collaboration, and integration between System Engineers, Software Developers, Hardware Engineers, Test and IT operations.
* Drives efficiency through promotion of lean thinking such as reduced cycle times, limiting work in progress, reduced batch size, understanding of flow, identification of waste/inefficiencies and leading remediation efforts.
* Collaborates with Engineering, IT and Test Teams to determine how best to leverage tools and techniques involving infrastructure as code, configuration management and other DevOps-type techniques to improve delivery quality, speed and experience.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.
Cubic is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law.