Die Cutting Operator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/8/2017
END DATE 7/3/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Summary:
Perform manual and machine operator tasks related to the set-up, maintenance and operations of the Bobst Die Cutter. Responsible for the safety of crew, quantitative and qualitative die cutter performance.
Job Duties/ Responsibilities:
* Make-ready, adjust and run job as efficiently as possible to meet safety and productivity standards.
* Examine job order to determine quantity to be cut, stock specifications and special die cutting instructions
* Examine cutting dies for visual defects and apply correcting solution to repair minor defects
* Make necessary adjustments to ensure quality
* Ensure information is communicated between shifts
* Ensure Company Safety, Quality and Production standards are met
* Perform proper and required maintenance as well as cleaning of Die Cutter
* Maintenance duties include stooping under machinery, entering confined spaces and climbing ladders.
* Must input information into computer for proper tracking of inventory and waste.
* Occasional bending, reaching, twisting and stooping
* Occasional squatting and kneeling for cleaning and clearing jams
* In depth knowledge of the mechanics and capabilities of die cutting press
* Strong Mechanical aptitude/skills
* Requires experience running, troubleshooting and quality control
* Ability to work under minimal supervision, understand technical written (and verbal) instructions, set-up the die cutter, and carry out instructions
* Strong computer skills required
* Strong math skills required
* Ability to accurately distinguish color variation
* Must be able to work other shifts if needed and perform overtime work as required
* Ability to talk with customers, in person, on a daily basis explaining the technical operation of the Die Cutting process and leaving the customer with a positive professional impression (Customer visits)
* Good Verbal and written communication skills
* Frequent lifting, bending and turning (up to 75 pounds
* High School Diploma/GED is a requirement
* 1-3 years running a Bobst Die Cutter is preferred
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.