Die Process Engineer Intern 9/16/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A
DIE PROCESS ENGINEERING INTERN
As a die process engineering intern at Molex you will have the opportunity to use your education to tackle real world engineering challenges. This role will provide experience and development opportunities in the following areas:
* Quoting, Cost Estimation, Project Management, Process Development, Statistical Capability
* CAD Design 2D/3D using Siemens NX/Unigraphics, Design for Manufacturability, Progressive Strip concepts/layouts
Tool & Die Making:
* Component Fitting, Die Assembly, Die Set-up, De-bugging , Trouble-shooting
* , Design for Manufacturability, Progressive Strip concepts/layout
THE INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
Molex offers a rewarding 12-week long, paid internship program where you will work with teams to gain insightful real-world experience. Molex strives to provide opportunities that promote value creation and offers experiences indispensable to future career choices, job satisfaction and personal development. Throughout the Molex Summer Internship Program, you will participate in an extensive summer agenda including, but not limited to:
* Presentations from key executives
* Visits to local and non-local plants
* Networking events with Molex employees
* Social events with fellow interns
* Summer Olympics / fitness tournaments
* Final presentations to executives
* Housing assistance for non-local interns
Headquartered less than 30 miles from Chicago, Molex delivers complete electronic solutions for several markets including: data communications, telecommunications, consumer electronics, industrial, automotive, commercial vehicle, aerospace and defense, medical, and lighting. With over 40,000 employees and over 100,000 products, Molex is an integral part of Koch Industries, the second largest privately owned company in the United States. Established in 1938, we are a global company with a presence in more than 40 countries.
WHY JOIN MOLEX
Just about everything we do in our lives is touched by electronics: our phones, computers, cameras, music players, medical devices, fitness machines and gaming devices. Our cars are electronics on wheels and our homes are becoming smarter and smarter. Molex creates solutions that go into these products: products, which transform people s lives. You have invested in years of education, and this is the moment when you decide where you can make the most of everything you ve learned. Want to learn more about Molex?
APPLY TODAY- www.MolexCollegeRecruiting.com
Visit us: www.molex.com | Twitter: www.twitter.com/molexconnectors |
YouTube: www.youtube.com/molexconnectors | Facebook: www.facebook.com/molexconnectors | Linkedin: www.linkedin.com/company/molex | Our Blog: www.connector.com
* Currently pursuing a bachelor s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or Engineering Technology.
* Must be on track to graduate by 2019.
* Advanced college course work or technical training focused on manufacturing or mechanical engineering, metal fabrication, metal processing, or metallurgy.
DESIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Knowledge or experience):
* 2D/3D CAD modeling and drawing (computer-aided design)
* Ability to read and create technical drawings of components and assemblies.
* Exposure to general tool-room operations (manual & CNC), such as milling, turning, precision grinding, Wire and Conventional EDM (Electrical Discharge Machining), etc.
* Metal stamping and die development
* Mathematical skills related to calculations of forces, basic statistics, tolerance studies, cost estimating, process parameters, etc. A solid understanding of Geometry and Trigonometry is extremely beneficialAs an Embedded Software Engineering intern at Molex you will have the opportunity to use your education to tackle real world engineering challenges.