Digital Specialist - Term Limited 9/20/2017
Natural Resources Defense Council
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Returning Candidate*
Log back in!
DIGITAL SPECIALIST - TERM LIMITED
DIGITAL SPECIALIST - TERM LIMITED
# of Openings
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) is the nation's most effective environmental action organization. We use law, science and the support of 1.3 million members and online activists to protect the planet's wildlife and wild places and to ensure a safe and healthy environment for all living things. NRDC was founded in 1970 and our staff helped write some of America's bedrock environmental laws, including the Clean Water Act, and many of the implementing regulations; our water enforcement cases played a major role shaping current water policy throughout the country. Today, our staff of more than 450 lawyers, scientists, economists, policy and communications experts, and others, work out of offices in New York, Washington, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Bozeman, Montana and Beijing.
The Digital Specialist is a one year position that will drive innovation through our email, advocacy and donation program. You will get your hands dirty through email and page production, testing and optimization. You ll be a resource to the advocacy and fundraising team, marketing, social media and editorial teams for optimization and new and emerging tools. As a member of the digital team, you will leverage your strong understanding of digital best practices to grow our base and drive growth in engagement and fundraising.
Please note that this is a 1-year, full-time position.
* Build, test and optimize email, engagement and fundraising campaigns
* Develop and improve existing email and workflow processes
* Learn our toolset inside and out and provide support to staff
* Assist with digital best practices training;
You need to have:
* A strong commitment to the environmental movement
* Hands-on technical marketing and analytical skills;
* Superior communication and interpersonal skills;
* A high aptitude to learn new, complex systems and tools;
* Previous experience with conversion rate testing and optimization tactics;
* Familiarity with mass email platforms and email list segmentation, ActionKit is a plus;
* Ability to analyze and understand metrics;
* Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize competing requests;
* The ability to work quickly and effectively within a fast-paced political environment;
* Familiarity with HTML and CSS, with an interest in expanding these skills;
* Excellent attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
You should have:
* Experience with large-scale online campaigns;
* Knowledge of front-end web development, including for email and online CRM;
* Email and digital communications best practices.
It would be great if you had:
* High-level coding abilities;
* Knowledge of and experience with large-scale databases and CRM as well as data manipulation, SQL and analysis
NRDC is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a pleasant working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience.
To apply, please create a profile and upload your resume and cover letter through our online portal. Please no phone calls, emails, faxes or in-person resume drop-offs. Please reference where you saw this posting. NRDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are having technical difficulty while applying, please reach out to Customer Care by dialing:
For further information about NRDC, please visit www.nrdc.org
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Share on your newsfeed
Go back to the welcome page
Software Powered by iCIMS