Digital Technology Director
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/20/2017
END DATE 5/18/2018
Natural Resources Defense Council
New York, NY
DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY DIRECTOR
Job Locations US-NY-New York
Posted Date 8 months ago(9/18/2017 9:38 AM)
# of Openings
The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) is the nation's most effective environmental action group, combining the grassroots power of over 2 million members and online activists with the courtroom clout and expertise of nearly 500 lawyers, scientists and other professionals to fight for the planet and its people in the halls of Congress, communities across the country, and nations around the globe. NRDC was founded in 1970 and our staff helped write some of America's bedrock environmental laws, including the Clean Water Act, and many of the implementing regulations. Today, our staff work out of offices in New York, Washington, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Bozeman, Montana and Beijing.
NRDC is seeking a Digital Technology Director to work within the Digital team in our New York office. The Digital Technology Director will be responsible for the technical oversight of NRDC s digital properties. These are the tools that empower NRDC s mission across the entire digital landscape. The Digital Technology Director leads both strategic and technical development and works closely with the creative, editorial, fundraising and advocacy teams. S/he will be charged with developing the strategy and standards by which all digital properties are built, maintained and expanded upon. This position is charged with ensuring that all NRDC s digital properties are agile, stable, and secure. This position also oversees direct reports responsible for website and digital production, development, UX design, server technologies, and technical consultants
* Develop online technology strategy and oversee its maintenance, implementation and growth in support of NRDC s mission.
* Lead assessment and implementation of digital tools and processes in collaboration with creative, content and advocacy and fundraising team members
* Work across NRDC to develop functional requirements and implementation planning for all digital projects
* Develop online systems that work seamlessly and support the work of other departments, ensuring work is integrated and organization's digital and web needs are met
* Collaborate on development of digital platforms including analytics, email marketing, content management system and online customer relationship management (CRM)
* Direct digital projects and oversees vendor and internal code development
* Oversee web server systems and architecture to ensure security and stability of all properties
* Minimum of 6-10 years or more of relevant experience in digital and website management
* Bachelor s and/or Master's degree in programming, communications, technology or other relevant field
* Strong knowledge of digital production technologies includes content management systems like Drupal and constituent relationship management systems.
* Experience with online marketing, fundraising, advocacy and engagement strategies
* Proficiency in web development and data management, including HTML, CSS, MySQL, etc.
* Strong communications skills and the ability to explain technology clearly and succinctly to non-technical staff
* Strong organizational and project management skills essential, with the ability to work collaboratively and quickly with a variety of vendors, departments and stakeholders
* Ability to work collaboratively and quickly with a variety of vendors, departments and stakeholders.
NRDC is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity and expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a pleasant working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, for positions based in San Francisco, CA we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply, please create a profile and upload your resume and cover letter through our online portal. Please no phone calls, emails, faxes or in-person resume drop-offs. Please reference where you saw this posting. NRDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are having technical difficulty while applying, please reach out to Customer Care by dialing:
For further information about NRDC, please visit www.nrdc.org
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS