Director Business Analysis and Quality Assurance 2/20/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Director of IT Business Analysis and Quality Assurance will be responsible for managing, developing, and executing the Business Analysis, Quality Assurance and Documentation & Training functions for the Information Technology group and maintaining alignment with the business organization s goals and overall strategic plan.
Manages a team of resources responsible for managing the business analysis specification process, reviewing specifications prepared, and providing structure to the process. Responsible for identifying / leveraging IT solutions to enable business objectives - analyzing technical constraints and communicating alternatives to the business. Fostering an environment where the Business Analysts work with others in the IT team and the business to understand business requests, perform detailed analysis and document business requirements, identify solutions and system impacts to ensure the successful delivery and support of various GAF applications
Responsible for managing resources responsible for developing, establishing and enforcing quality assurance standards and measures for the Information Technology services group. Responsible for planning and executing the quality effort associated with IT implementations to ensure solutions have the appropriate quality level when they go into production.
Manages a Training & Documentation specialist in the planning and execution of corporate wide IT training and User Documentation.
Ensuring activities are completed on time and providing overall leadership to this team while driving technical excellence.
Responsible for establishing Business Analysis and Quality Assurance methodologies, policies, and procedures, educating the department on BA and QA standards, assuring process compliance, and guiding the overall direction and management of the group
Key duties and responsibilities include:
* Directs and controls the activities of a functional IT area through one or more department managers within the company. Including strategic planning & goal setting to set the strategic direction of the group.
* Business Analysis planning, tracking and control - accountable for the planning and execution of IT Business Analysis efforts, ensuring projects and change requests are completed on time and BA processes are followed
* Quality Assurance planning, tracking and control accountable for the planning and execution of the IT Quality Assurance efforts, ensuring projects and change requests are completed on time and QA processes are followed
* Overseeing the development and implementation of IT related training programs and documentation efforts. Responsible for ensuring the appropriate training and documentation needs are being met.
* Collaboration with other departments and management as necessary.
* Evaluating data, developing recommendations, gathering and organizing information and developing presentation materials for management reviews
* Understanding GAF s applications and the interdependencies with other corporate and external systems and gaining comprehensive and extensive knowledge of business processes, issues and data challenges
* Overseeing the review process for business requirements, functional requirements use cases, workflow diagrams, interface designs, test plans, test scenarios, test cases etc.
* Leverage experience to recommend industry standard and best practice solutions
* Fostering and ensuring collaboration with various IT teams to coordinate system changes and to ensure appropriate system testing
* Facilitating meetings and monitoring action items
* Providing guidance and leadership to the Business Analysis and Quality Assurance teams coaching, mentoring, reviewing work, setting schedules, etc. and supporting resources as they develop and maintain relationships with business leaders.
* Acts as advisor to subordinate(s) to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems.
* Recruiting, motivating and developing a superior staff. Effectively managing a team that is customer focused, encouraging creativity, driving performance, and effectively developing and rewarding key performers
* Defines, develops, and implements, along with IT management, department-wide strategic plans and objectives
* Helps business operations utilize information systems to improve efficiency
* Works with managers to guide the overall direction, strategy, and management of the group, its processes and portfolio of work
* Regularly interacting with senior management, customers, vendors and industry consultants to define service and performance levels in order to improve customer satisfaction
* Responsible for education on business analysis and quality assurance standards and assuring process compliance
Works with Management to guide the overall direction, strategy, and management of the Business Analysis and Quality Assurance groups and the Documentation & Training Specialist, their processes and portfolio of work. Recommending changes to policies and establishing procedures as necessary. Ensures the alignment of work activities with the overall IT strategy and roadmap. Facilitating an environment that optimizes the use of IT products, systems, services and procedures to meet the needs of the business
60% Guiding and leading the overall management and direction of the group (strategic planning, resource management, goal setting, Business Analysis planning, tracking & control, Quality Assurance planning, tracking & control, Documentation & Training planning, tracking & control, etc.). Accountability for Business Analysis, Quality Assurance and Documentation & Training deliverables in IT Projects of varying size, scope and complexity. (Project types including software development, third party application, Mobile development, Infrastructure, etc. impacting various system environments including PeopleSoft, web applications, CRM, etc.)
15% Communication and Collaboration regular communication with regards to BA / QA / D&T issues, project status, and many other various topics. Creating miscellaneous presentations, metrics reports, process documentation, etc. Regular communication with the business. Facilitating weekly team meetings and collaborating with team members across IT and the business.
20% Development and institutionalization of Business Analysis, Quality Assurance and Documentation & Training methodologies, polices, procedures and metrics; manage and track; education, and process compliance
5% Perform other duties as assigned.
LEVEL BASED COMPETENCIES
LEVEL BASED COMPETENCIES are to be designated based on job level and content.
* Excellent Communication skills (verbal & written)
* Very Strong Decision Making skills
* Strong skills in Developing Others
* Excellent Collaboration skills
* Excellent Customer Focus
* Initiates Self Action most of the time
* Excellent Planning, Organizing, and Follow-up skills
* Very Strong Business Acumen
* Very Strong Skills in Aligning Performance for Success
* Very Strong Skills in Building Working Relationships
* Very Strong Managing Conflict skills
* Very Strong Stress Tolerance skills
* Excellent Meeting Facilitation and Very Strong Presentation Skills
* Very Strong Delegation Skills
* Very Strong skills in Facilitating Change
* Very Strong attention to detail
* Excellent Relationship Management skills ability to interact well with all levels of management, quickly and effectively build credibility and relationships
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS (ENTRY, INTERMEDIATE, ADVANCED)
* Advanced knowledge of and development / execution of IT Standards, Policies and Procedures
* Intermediate knowledge of Emerging Technologies
* Advanced knowledge of and development, review, and execution of SDLC
* Intermediate knowledge of Information Security Awareness