Director - Commercial Development (Midstream)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 1/23/2018
Sempra LNG & Midstream, LLC
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONArea of Interest:
The Director Commercial Development will lead the project and commercial development efforts on certain midstream projects (pipeline and storage) being developed by Sempra LNG&M. The position will lead the commercial development activities based on the candidate s experience and skills. Projects being developed by SLNG&M typically represent investments ranging from $100 million to $2 billion. The qualified candidate will have a broad range of prior experience in commercial, technical, permitting, regulatory, trading and optimization, operational, finance and/or risk related aspects of project development and commercial contract negotiations in the US natural gas industry.
* Leads and provides input to project development activities such as to commercial, marketing, technical, permitting, joint venture, operations, and finance related project activities.
* Develop project concept and work with broader team to develop preliminary scope, capex and schedule; test the project idea, lead the efforts to develop presentation materials and present to Senior management for approval. Upon internal approval lead the commercial development and marketing of the project to potential customers to secure commercial agreements.
* Work with legal (commercial and regulatory) to develop, review and comment on term sheets, precedent agreements, operating agreements, partnership agreements, etc to advance the project.
* Support LNG projects and new business opportunities in the areas of gas supply, transportation and storage development. Assess requirements and competitive alternatives that meet the objectives. Develop analyses and present results to Senior Management.
* Frequent interactions with third parties (producers, traders, marketers, shippers, pipeline and operators, LDcs) to assess market opportunities, understand their needs and to test project concepts.
* Work with the various support teams and other groups to assess the economic projections and competitive assessment of a project.
* Performs other duties as assigned
Education Bachelor s Degree in Engineering or a related field. An MBA or an equivalent advanced degree is desired.
Experience At least 15 years energy related business development, project development, technical, operations, gas trading, asset optimization and/or related experience. Excellent knowledge broadly of the midstream space with more granular knowledge of regional gas markets and flows, midstream infrastructure and development requirements. Emphasis on commercial development experience in the US natural gas sector and major project development.
* Professional with strong personal drive and credibility with both internal and external stakeholders.
* Proven project development and delivery of business objectives, ability to analyze and understand complex situations, and ability to develop, recommend and implement practicable solutions in accordance with world-class industry standards.
* Knowledge of tariffs, services and SOCs for interstate and intrastate pipelines.
* Experience in developing and/or operating crude and liquids pipeline and storage infrastructure is desirable.
* Experience in midstream M&A activity is desirable.
* Experience and proven ability to work within and/or lead a cross-functional, matrix organization including technical, permitting, commercial, operations, finance, accounting, tax, insurance, external relations and related functions within a project team.
* Ability to understand contractual terms and conditions, risks and related topics within the project scope and contracts/documents including, Gas Sales/Purchases, Pipeline Transportation, Regulatory documents, EPC Contract, Permits, Financing Agreements, Joint Venture Agreements, Risk Assessments, and related subjects.
* Must be flexible and able to adapt to changing project-related priorities and deliver high quality, accurate work within required deadlines.
* Must have strong communications and interpersonal skills for managing and working within a project team and presenting information to senior management.
* Ability to use Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project and other software tools.
* Must be able to read and write proficiently in the English language
* Domestic and international travel for 30% to upwards of 60% during the development of projects
488 8th Ave
State / Province:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.