Director, Digital Architecture
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 9/20/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB OVERVIEW:
DIRECTOR OF E-COMMERCE ARCHITECTURE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE TECHNICAL DESIGN, PERFORMANCE AND IMPLEMENTATION OF E-COMMERCE PROJECTS. HE/SHE WILL OWN PRE PROJECT ARCHITECTURE ASSESSMENT AND AGGRESSIVELY DRIVE FORWARD A ROADMAP FOR ARCHITECTURE IMPROVEMENTS AND EVALUATE USAGE OF NEW TECHNOLOGIES TO MAXIMIZE PERFORMANCE, SCALABILITY, SECURITY OF ALL HENRY SCHEIN ECOMMERCE PLATFORMS. THIS ROLE WILL SUPPORT AND MENTOR MULTIPLE AGILE SCRUM TEAMS THROUGH CREATION AND APPROVAL OF TECHNICAL SOLUTIONS FOR THE NEW FEATURE CAPABILITIES, THROUGH TO CONTINUOUS DELIVERY TO PRODUCTION. ECOMMERCE ARCHITECTURE GROUP WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR PLATFORM ARCHITECTURE, SOA/API STRATEGY DEVELOPMENT, DEVELOPS DESIGN IN COLLABORATION WITH SOFTWARE ENGINEERING GROUP, PERFORMANCE ENGINEERING AND INTEGRATION INTO OTHER DIGITAL CAPABILITIES.
* Prepare the long term e-commerce platform strategic plans and implement them in the e-commerce architecture.
* Prepare the standards and guidelines for technical designs based on various business goals.
* Mentor and provide architectural guidance to software engineering teams building innovative applications.
* Monitor emerging technologies, engage 3rd party vendors for proof of concepts and drive technology innovation.
* Present solution documents to diverse audiences, including architect reports, IT delivery teams, enterprise technology review groups, and business sponsors.
* Actively engage with infrastructure hosting and information security teams to manage and mitigate cyber risks.
* Ensure partnership and collaboration with various cross-functional teams like product management, process, project and program management, infrastructure, operations and business teams etc.
Typically 12 or more years of increasing responsibility and complexity in terms of any applicable professional experience, 7 or more years of management experience.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in related discipline. Master's degree or global equivalent a plus.
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
Outstanding management and leadership skills and ability to attract, retain, motivate, develop, mentor and coach team members for high performance, good conceptual skills
Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and ability to resolve disputes effectively and efficiently
Outstanding presentation and public speaking skills
Mastery independent decision making, analysis and problem solving skills
Understand, interpret and act on financial information and external trends that contributes to business profitability
Plan, manage and create strategy around complex projects, understand available resources, develop timeline, budget and assign areas of responsibility
Lead teams to achieve company goals and solve complex business issues in creative and effective ways
Mastery planning and organizational skills and techniques
Communicate effectively with senior management and key stakeholders
Excellent negotiating skills and ability to effectively manage strategic alliances, joint ventures and outsourced relationships
Ability to influence, build relationships, understand organizational complexities, manage conflict and navigate politics
Broad professional and managerial skills with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures
Lead and develop virtual teams
Mastery in multiple technical and business skills
Excellent strategic planning skills
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
* 8 years of hands on architecture experience on one or more major eCommerce platforms.
* Experience and passion to organize a fast paced Agile environment.
* Experience and mastery of cloud enabled services / applications.
* Expertise in architecture & development application and platform components based on SOA architecture.
* Strong stakeholder management skills.
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT CAREER OPPORTUNITIES AT HENRY SCHEIN, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT: WWW.HENRYSCHEIN.COM/CAREERS.