Director - External Communications
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/11/2017
END DATE 12/20/2017
Jones Lang Lasalle
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Title
Director - External Communications
Auto Req ID
We re seeking a forward-thinking Director to oversee creation and implementation of external communication plans and programs, encompassing both traditional and digital media and publications, as well as our corporate presence on social media. Using modern, progressive communication strategies, this person will help to differentiate JLL, promote the brand and tell the story of JLL as the best professional services firm specializing in real estate, the employer of choice in the industry - and raise external awareness of the company and its client work. Additionally, this individual will lead the charge to help position JLL as the best technology company in real estate, a position it is committed to owning.
* Serves as player-coach accountable for external communications, encompassing public relations, media relations, as well as corporate social media and editorial partnership for our company magazine, Ambitions
* Identifies innovative communication strategies to break through, leveraging target news outlets and helping to feed our social media channels with key corporate content, taking advantage of timely news hooks and angles
* Responsible for external communication group s organizational design, budget, operations, training and development, and work flow
* Oversees mid-sized team of professionals
* Provides leadership, strategic direction and tactical oversight in development of strategies, messaging and content for audiences
* Oversees measurement practices, leveraging analytics to drive future content decisions, and communicates results to various constituents
* Ensures company vision, values, brand positioning and visual identity are reflected in all communication initiatives
* Develops solid understanding of commercial real estate industry and the company s clients, capabilities and accomplishments, as well as understanding our Beyond strategy and how we are focused on positioning ourselves as the best technology company in real estate
* Provides advice and guidance to communications professionals in Canada, Brazil and Mexico, and throughout the United States, through management and leadership of an external communications network
* Provide leadership and strategic direction over editorial for 3x a year publication, ensuring content is interesting, provocative and engaging, and aligned with core key messages and corporate positioning
* Reports to Head of Corporate Communications, JLL Americas
* Provides strategic oversight on development of innovative PR strategies and tactics for integrated marketing plans
* Is current on trends in brand journalism, news gathering and distribution, social media and self-publishing channels
* Responsible for organizational design, budget, operations, training and development, and work flow for PR team
* Guides new content development, proactive media relations, conference participation, speaking opportunities, earned media, and securing of awards and recognition
* Oversees selection and management of PR firms and contractors
* Help examine the local-market PR structure and provide guidance and path forward to streamline and improve effectiveness
* Drives creation of content for use by marketing and sales organizations to drive lead generation and conversion events
* Selects media management and monitoring services, and manages relationships and budgets; aligns Americas solution with global
* Regional representative on global PR team; partners with colleagues to coordinate global campaigns, share best practices and launch global publishing program
* Develops strategic plan for corporate content on social media, including the regular feeding of relevant, interesting and engaging corporate content on our social media channels
* Drives consistent messaging, identifies cutting-edge practices and carefully orchestrates aligned and integrated communications efforts across all channels
* Responsible for orchestrating strategic communications prompted by organizational changes, management changes and M&A activity
* Is current on trends in external communications and social media
* Drives exploration and adoption of the best measurement/analytics tools to monitor our success and identify areas of improvement
* With 15+ years overall experience, this individual will be a proven communications leader and innovative thinker/modern marketers possessing B2B experience, ideally with experience in an agency and/or a professional services firm.
* Experience in driving strategic change and related change management, as will be expected around some existing practices
* Deep experience in both PR and social media, including issues management and crisis communications
* Experience in social media strategy development
* Experience working in heavily matrixed environments and leading by influence to dotted-line reports
* Expertise in influencing business strategies and aligning communications with commercial objectives
* Experiencing leading a team of direct and matrixed reports
* Experience using research and industry insights and best practices to drive strategies and tactics
* Demonstrated leadership skills and experience managing larger teams
* Executive presence, with proven ability to advise and engage leadership-level stakeholders, with appropriate level of confidentiality when required
* Demonstrated business acumen
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and hands-on experience with a wide array of traditional and digital channels
* Ability to work confidently and effectively with all levels of employees
Org Marketing Statement
A bit about us
At JLL, we spend every day reaching for the sky literally and figuratively. Our portfolio includes some of the best known, most admired and simply breathtaking places in the world. We are literally changing the skylines of our communities and creating places where people live, work and play.
What we show the world publically through the spaces we design and manage, is fueled by the same passion, ambition and values that drive how we work with each other and with our clients. Our values are hard-wired into our culture and nurture our passion for inclusion and diversity across our teams.
Our values of teamwork, ethics and excellence underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do from managing iconic projects like 1 World Trade Center in New York City to SunTrust Park & The Battery, home to Atlanta Braves baseball team, to structuring the financing for a desperately-needed affordable housing property.
We re focused on becoming the best technology company in real estate and we achieve our ambitions by doing more than delivering results for our clients. We break industry boundaries, set new standards for creativity and functionality and are leading the way to the future of work. If our work excites you as much as it excites us, keep reading!
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A LinkedIn "Top Company: Where the World Wants to Work Now"
A Working Mother Top 100 company
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes magazine
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years
JLL is committed to