Director, Head of Legal and Compliance NAM
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/18/2017
END DATE 11/19/2017
Nokia Siemens Networks
JOB DESCRIPTIONNokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
The successful candidate will act as a strategic advisor to the Market Head and the Market Leadership Team. The core responsibilities consist of overseeing the deals with Nokias customers in the Market and will also have responsibility for the overall legal advice on all matters related to the Market. The successful candidate will be expected to develop close relationships with the legal teams of Nokias customers, and to directly negotiate deals with key customers or where the level of complexity requires it. This position will work closely and cooperatively with other members of the Nokia L&C team. The Nokia L&C organization is a matrix organization with responsibilities over matters shared between the legal team in the Market, the legal team of the Business Groups and the Legal Specialists team.
As Head of L&C for the NAM Market, this position will also be part of the Global Customer Operations (CO) L&C leadership team and will report to the VP- Global Head of CO L&C. The CO L&C team is a dynamic team of lawyers, legal professionals and contract managers spread around the world, with specific geographical or business responsibilities.
The successful candidate will ensure that Nokias strategies are developed and business decisions are made with adequate knowledge and understanding of the involved legal issues.
In addition, the successful candidate will be an engaged and savvy business partner, ensuring that the business objectives are met, while at the same time risks are mitigate and the companys interest protected.
The Head of L&C for the NAM Market leads a large team of legal professionals and contract managers across multiple jurisdiction and ensures their level competency and motivation.
* Serves as legal business partner to NAM Market Head and NAM leadership team to advise and ensure compliance with state and federal laws, company policies, directives and operating procedures, including, but not limited to, discipline, performance management, reorganizations, non-compete matters, contingent workforce issues, due diligence for acquisitions and divestitures, and outsourcing agreements.
* Responds to attorney letters and state and federal administrative charges, complaints and audits, including handling mediations and fact-finding conferences.
* Proactively identifies trends and gaps in processes and partnering with NAM Market Head, Leadership team, and business clients to implement positive change.
* Strategically and actively manages day to day negotiations, overseeing strategy and status of day to day team activities, drafting document hold and answering discovery, evaluating opportunities for resolution at all stages of disputes, reviewing all legal documents and pleadings, attending depositions, court hearings and other proceedings as appropriate, providing timely updates to business leaders, supervisors and business counsel to ensure alignment on all initiatives.
Partners with other members of the L&C team and E&C team to provide legal support on legal matters internal and external. * Establishes and maintains relationships, credibility, and trust with clients, stakeholders, legal team members and other colleagues.
* Strategically manages team to drive success and create new ways to deliver results and obtain efficiencies.
* Supervises work, provides direction and helps develop team.
* Acts as a Compliance ambassador and is a point of reference on Nokia's compliance program.
Location: The position will be located in Plano, TX
* At least 10 years of relevant legal experience.
* J.D. (Juris Doctor) required from an accredited law school or equivalent.
* Prefer candidate with experience in counseling clients on legal contracts, mergers, acquisitions, divestures and contract matters.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to communicate effectively with diverse individuals at all levels and areas within the organization
* Strong work ethic and a self-starter ready to hit the ground running.
* Demonstrated problem-solving abilities.
* 25% travel will be required.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DO NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST ANY EMPLOYEE OR APPLICANT FOR EMPLOYMENT BECAUSE OF RACE, COLOR, SEX, AGE, NATIONAL ORIGIN, RELIGION, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, STATUS AS A VETERAN, AND BASIS OF DISABILITY OR ANY OTHER FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL PROTECTED CLASS.