Director, IT Infrastructure Sustained Engineering 10/10/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PTC Company Description
PTC (Nasdaq: PTC) is a $1B+ global provider of technology platforms and enterprise applications for smart and connected products, operations, and systems. Our enterprise applications serve manufacturers and other businesses that create, operate and service products. Our award-winning ThingWorx technology platforms help companies achieve a new reality in smart, connected things and systems - deriving new value emerging from the Internet of Things market. An early pioneer in Computer Aided Design (CAD) software, PTC today employs more than 6,000 professionals serving more than 28,000 businesses worldwide. We are headquartered in Needham, MA.
Director, IT Infrastructure Sustained Engineering
Job Description for Advertising Purposes
Director, IT Infrastructure Sustained Engineering
Reporting to the VP of Infrastructure and Architecture, the Director of IT Infrastructure Sustained Engineering (ISE) is responsible for the reliability and availability of PTC s technical infrastructure. The ISE Director supports the technical platforms of identity, messaging, collaboration, database, server compute/storage, and voice/data/video network systems, whether based in cloud or on-premises.
As an advocate of PTC s global infrastructure, the ISE Director ensures that IT Infrastructure is meeting the needs of PTC s business in an efficient and cost-effective manner. The ISE team supports the areas of R&D, Corporate Functions, IT Security, IT Shared Services, PTC Platforms, and others. The ideal candidate is a seasoned IT executive with strong technical, team-building, and management skills as well as a focused operations executive.
Establish and manage the Infrastructure Sustained Engineering function - Lead the creation and evolution of the ISE function
* Provide operational support for newly completed projects and technical implementations; dictate and evaluate support terms from the implementation teams
* Provide oversight of infrastructure performance against SLA s.
* Ensure smooth transition of new technologies from projects into ISE
* Ensure technical staff is current and trained on the latest technologies and systems arising from implementation teams.
* Establish standard processes for diagnosing issues, tracking status and escalating issues within and outside the group.
* Establish operational objectives, strategies and workflows to improve current operations as well as planning for the support of future products and requirements.
* Establish product and process improvement plans to reduce support effort and increase our platform s availability and scalability.
Build and oversee the ISE team - Oversee ISE implementation and ongoing ISE refinement activities. Ensure the ISE team is appropriately engaged with those technical infrastructure areas they support.
* Direct and continue to build a team of platform, network, and service engineers who provide support and maintenance of our 24x7 technical infrastructure
* Perform necessary move/add/changes across the assigned technical platforms
* Act as an escalation point for high severity technical issues that arise in the IT infrastructure
* Manage and improve economics for the sustained engineering function as well as the operating environment
* Direct the development of tracking and control tools for the operation of the global infrastructure environment
* Monitor systems, databases, networks, and technical platforms for proper operation and performance
* Provide expertise in technical infrastructure to other IT Infrastructure groups either through resource allocation or consulting; promote Agile-based team mode
* Foster a team environment and provide mentoring/coaching to ISE and other team members
* Excellent planning and organizational skills
* Ability to think big and challenge conventional wisdom regarding technology refresh and hype
* Strong leadership and negotiation skills with business and technical groups
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Strong project management skills
* Demonstrated ability to build consensus among many stakeholders
* Comfortable with ambiguity and willing to take principled bets on new technology
* Ability to establish, implement, and enforce appropriate IT standards to meet business requirements
* Ability to work and lead a breadth of stakeholders: externally, internally and internationally
* Proven track record working with technical, customer and functional teams
* Comfortable with ambiguity and demonstrates the ability to provide clarity
* Five to seven years experience in a IT senior management role in a mid-size to large enterprise
* 10+ years of experience in at least two IT disciplines (such as technical operations, service management, application support, middleware design, infrastructure operations) in a heterogeneous environment
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and proven ability to work effectively with all organizational levels
* Experience in IT strategic planning and financial management
* Proven track record of successful team leadership and development
* Program and project management experience, including estimating and forecasting, budget and financial management, staffing / hiring and resource management
Job Req Number
Why Join Us and Benefits Summary
PTC is a great place to work. Our culture is one of excellence, innovation, empowerment, and caring about our customers, communities, and employees. We have built an action oriented culture of integrity and trust, creating a sense of team spirit at both the departmental and company-wide level. At PTC, we have great employees and know that they are critical to the company s success.
The Core Values we live by to achieve our success are:
* Customer Success
* Innovation & Empowerment
* Integrity & Professionalism
* Social Responsibility through Shared Value
We are looking to add strong candidates that uphold the PTC Core Values and are eager to grow and develop their careers with us. If you share these values and enjoy a work environment that is fast paced, hands on, and results oriented, then PTC is the place for you.
PTC benefits are among the most competitive in the industry. While your salary is the major component of your compensation, you also receive a competitive benefits package including:
* Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
* Healthcare and Dental insurance
* Paid Time Off and Sick Time
* Birthday Day-off
* Tuition Reimbursement (Canada, India, Israel, US)
* Holiday Pay
* Employee Referral Program
* Management and Employee Training Development
* Other Regional-specific Benefits
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.