Director, Market Analytics
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/10/2017
END DATE 3/14/2018
Blue Shield of CA
Walnut Creek, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONLooking for a chance to do meaningful work that touches millions? Come join the hardest working, nonprofit health plan in California and help us shape the future of health care. Blue Shield of Californias Mission is to ensure all Californians have access to high-quality care at an affordable price. Blue Shield is focused on improving health care delivery by working closely with providers and making it more accessible, affordable and customer-centric. Being a mission-driven organization means we do much more than serve our 4 million members: we were the first health plan in the nation to limit our annual net income to 2 percent of revenue and return the difference to our customers and the community, and since 2005 we have contributed more than $325 million to the Blue Shield of California Foundation to improve community health and end domestic violence. We also believe that a healthier California begins with our employees, so we provide them with resources to develop and maintain a healthy lifestyle through our award-winning wellness program, Wellvolution.
We're hiring smart thinkers and doers who want to work for a leader and innovator in the challenging, ever-changing healthcare space. Come and help us make health care better for everyone.
The Director Markets Analytics is responsible for providing data and analysis to support benefit and product design, marketing and sales campaign, sales operation, and specialty products management. The position reports to the VP Enterprise Analytics with dotted lines to senior leadership in the Markets organization including Marketing, Product, Sales, and Sales Operations.
This position leads a team of professional employees to acquire and analyze data, and to apply appropriate statistical and modeling methodology. The ideal candidate should have extensive knowledge in health insurance markets and products, analytical and research background, ability to communicate complicated technical material to senior leadership, and experience building an effective team.
SPECIFIC DUTIES INCLUDE:
* Liaise with business and functional leaders in Marketing, Sales, and Sales Operations to understand data and information needs and priorities.
* Develop data strategy to support the business functions: identify internal and external data sources and gain a deep understanding of how data can be used.
* Collaborate with IT and other Analytics leaders to create a data roadmap for short-term and long-term data infrastructure and analytic tools to ensure efficient analytic operations.
* Develop department work plan in collaboration with Markets leadership, Execute work plan and deliver projects on time.
* Oversee all data analysis projects: Participate in the selection and use of various methodological techniques, review project work to ensure the validity of results and conclusions, monitor status and provide update to stake holders.
* Proactively use data to identify opportunities and quantify impact for business cases development incorporating relevant measures such as ROI
* Design evaluation methodology to assess efficacy of marketing and sales initiatives
* Responsible for hiring, performance and salary reviews, promotions and disciplinary matters for direct reporting employees.
* Bachelors degree in business administration, health services research, public health, epidemiology, economics, statistics, computer science or a relevant field. Masters preferred
* Minimum five years of experience in hands-on reporting or analytic tools, including but not limited to SAS, SQL, SPSS, Access, Cognos, Tableau.
* Minimum two years of supervisory experience leading an analytics/ research team
* Minimum three years of experience in predictive modeling, statistical analysis
* Minimum three years of experience in Health Care industry