Director of Ecosystem Partnerships
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 3/21/2017
END DATE 6/6/2017
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONPost Date:
Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
The Director, Ecosystem Partnerships & Programs will help to drive overall growth of Heroku's developer ecosystem through development and implementation of partner programs, partner integrations, and partner relationships that drive overall customer value. The position includes ownership of the existing add-on program, strategy for the Heroku Elements marketplace, and development of relationships with new and existing partners.
The ideal candidate will focus on scale and growth of the platform through partnerships. They will be able to effectively advocate for customers within Heroku and with partners, and for partners within Heroku and greater Salesforce. They will be creative about balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders and constituents, have a passion for improving the developer experience, and the ability to quickly understand new and emerging technologies.
We strongly prefer that this position be based out of our headquarters in San Francisco. 10-20% travel required for internal and external meetings, events, and relationship development.
Key areas of responsibility for this position include:
Add-Ons Program Development, Management, and Evolution
* Develop and execute an overall partnership strategy for the Heroku platform to drive revenue growth and customer value, including Heroku Add-Ons
* Improve current Heroku add-on programs/ management
* Innovate across categories and improve the catalog of services for users
* Measure the business success for the program
* Work with team leads spanning the entire company, including Product and Engineering, Exec, Sales Ops and Business Operations, Product Marketing, Developer Evangelism, Sales, Legal, and Salesforce Ventures
Product Strategy and Marketplace Development
* Improve the utility of the Heroku Elements Marketplace, which currently has over 100 add-on providers and is growing rapidly, for partners and users alike
* Provide product roadmap input for new technical primitives based on platform capabilities, user and partner input, and integration opportunities
* Work with product and engineering to help deliver product enhancements on behalf of our partners
Partner Outreach and Relationships
* Develop and execute a broad product/program/engineering ecosystem strategy for adding and growing key partners to the platform
* Identify and cultivate relationships with developer service partners, piloting new initiatives and evaluating the performance of these initiatives as part of the larger Heroku strategy
* Research and develop innovative new business models and growth opportunities with partners
* Negotiate, structure, and execute relevant agreements
* Be the point person for inbound partnership and other opportunities
* Ambassador for Heroku at events, hackathons, tradeshows and meetups: represent Heroku and build awareness of our developer ecosystem programs, targeting key partners
What you have:
* Experience creating and implementing programs that drive revenue growth and/ or provide new user value
* Desire to collaborate closely with product and engineering to drive product innovation
* Product management experience, preferably in a high growth environment
* Experience working with diverse business functions including marketing, business operations, business development, product marketing and more to drive program success
* Partner integration experience
* Passion for / experience with developer tools and services
What you'll get:
* Opportunity to accelerate revenue growth for the platform through innovation of the marketplace and growth in the partner program
* Chance to work with technology companies of all sizes and types, from startups to Fortune 500, on behalf of Salesforce and Heroku
* A role that spans many functional teams within Salesforce, from Marketing to Salesforce Ventures to Engineering and Product
* Programming experience
* People management experience
* Business development experience
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.