Director of Perioperative Services
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 1/13/2018
St. Joseph Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY:
Reports to CNO and is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and maintaining the management and delivery of quality patient care on all shifts within assigned service area. Regularly reviews and revises, as necessary, standards of care ensuring compliance with department and Hospital-wide performance improvement initiatives. Participates in investigation and resolution of patient concerns and complaints and ensures compliance with Hospital and regulatory agency requirements.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Approximately five to seven years progressively more responsible related work experience, with two years concurrent management experience in assigned specialty area, necessary in order to gain comprehensive knowledge of the organization, operation and coordination of several patient care units, in-depth and up-to-date knowledge of patient care theories and practices, and ability to contribute to overall department administration.
Current State license in Texas as a Registered Nurse required.
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
* Advanced knowledge of nursing theory, practice and administration in order to direct planning and implementation of patient care over multiple units, and to prepare related reports, analyses, polices and budgets.
* A Bachelor's of Science degree from an approved School of Nursing is required. A Master's degree from an approved School of Nursing or related field is preferred. If a Master's degree is not held or employee is not currently working towards a Master's degree, certification in area of responsibility or certification in management is required.
* Interpersonal skills necessary in order to provide effective leadership, maintain a variety of internal and external contacts.
* Work cooperatively with a variety of Hospital managers, executives and staff.
* Analytical abilities necessary in order to evaluate delivery of care systems and nursing results; respond to deficiencies by identifying and implementing appropriate corrective action; develop and administer procedures and budgets; and organize and direct work of subordinates.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITIES / WOMEN / VETERANS / DISABLED
Job: Clinical Director
Primary Location: Texas-Houston
Organization: St. Joseph Medical Center
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree
Employee Status: Full Time Benefit Eligible 36-40 hrs/wk
Work Schedule: Days
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled