Director of Sales-Snack/Small Format 10/9/2017
Bimbo Bakeries USA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Director of Sales-Snack/Small Format
Employment Type: Regular
Have you ever enjoyed Arnold , Brownberry or Oroweat bread* A Thomas English muffin or bagel* Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee , Entenmann s or Marinela cake or donut* If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world s largest baking company with operations in 22 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA employs 21,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
The Director of Sales (DOS) Snack/Small Format leads and collaborates with frontline business partners, including Market Sales Leaders, Operational Sales Leaders and Regional Sales Leaders, engaging and empowering everyone to execute with excellence and deliver on accountabilities. They will manage the operations through key business indicators, customer service and employee satisfaction. The Director of Sales will have demonstrated skills to develop strategies to win with customers, the consumer and develop a diverse and inclusive team to execute in the marketplace. In addition, have the ability to influence leadership cross functionally and ability to link business objectives back to the region. Ideal candidate will have a sense of urgency, be future thinking and possess strong communication skills. Must be able to coach, develop and lead team within a DSD model. Labor relations experience preferred.
The primary role is to positively impact the results of the sales team by leading, developing and motivating the team to operate with DSD Excellence, pursuing continuous improvement while achieving world class sales operations and marketplace execution objectives. As well as, developing strategies and collaborating with Cross Functional teams and business partners to improve Points-of-Sale Profitably
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Ensures the successful completion of Leader Standard Work across the team.
* Leads, trains and develops team members through a disciplined coaching process to maximize business opportunities, achieve sales objectives, and to identify high potential associates for future consideration.
* Creates an engaged, frontline focused sales culture through consistent prioritization of business partners capabilities, needs and business growth.
* Leads consistent execution of the DSD Excellence world class sales practices in the market and in the sales centers.
* Ensures sales centers are maintained to world-class standards through gemba walks of the sales center to ensure a fully engaged, team approach to accountabilities.
* Ensures sales growth and profitability by inspiring sales leaders to achieve world class merchandising and perfect store practices while building customer relationships that align with planned store level growth goals.
* Responsible for ensuring the Order Management process is understood and used by each level of the team to achieve the perfect order.
* Responsible for final review and approval of new routes, route splits, route restructures in support of maintaining the optimal sales structure.
* Reviews proposals of new sales centers or the relocation of existing buildings
Drives and supports the achievement of safety goals; coaches and leads the awareness of safety programs accordingly to eliminate unsafe acts, eliminate workplace injuries, and lead local organization to achieve the goal of zero injuries and maintain and enforce BBU Food Safety and internal audit standards.
* Directs and coordinates collaboration on business activities between all sales support functions to ensure execution and identify / communicate improvement opportunities.
* Maintains communication with key customer contacts to ensure exceptional customer and trade relations and participates in appropriate food industry events (Level of customer interaction varies by market).
* Collaborates with distribution and bakery operations to maximize profitability and ensure the delivery of the highest quality product at the lowest landed costs.
* Collaborates with HR and Labor teams to build a strategic labor plan to achieve business objectives (Degree of involvement depends on structure of market team).
* Collaborates with Sales Planning, Finance, and Marketing function to develop strategic promotional and area specific marketing plans.
* Identifies / eliminates waste and manages labor costs to maximize the return on investment in resources.
Drive region strategy and execution of 90% POS transformational objective in the following key areas:
Route segmentation strategy and coverage to profitably reach 90% target, including prioritized national and regional accounts
Ensure region product sourcing aligns with national single serve portfolio strategy in SBG and other convenience items
Align region selling strategy with national small stop selling strategy in targeted retail accounts
KEY BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES:
Ability to create a culture and team with operational capabilities to achieve BBU s objectives.
Ability to empower and involve associates in planning and decision making.
Ability to engage and develop others through coaching.
Ability to establish objectives, ownership of work, and accountability for results.
Ability to provide operational direction to achieve specific objectives/outcomes.
Ability to effectively manage direct reports at the senior manager and professional staff level.
Ability to engage and inspire frontline associates to pursue the BBU vision for growth
Ability to support established project objectives, checkpoints and timelines and manage team members to meet project tasks and expectations.
Ability to effectively lead change process to implements new processes.
Ability to exchange complex information effectively to reach agreement in ambiguous or difficult situations.
Ability to negotiate effectively while building trust with others.
Ability to manage a sub-functional budget.
EDUCATION AND WORK HISTORY:
Bachelor s Degree in Business Management or Marketing, MBA preferred.
Ideal candidate will possess:
* Bachelor s Degree preferred and/OR 10-12 years management experience in all aspects of food sales or relevant responsibilities in comparable industry, with a strong operational acumen.
* Knowledge of convenience store and small format customers
* Bilingual in English and Spanish PREFERRED
* Learning, adopting and sharing best practices
* High level of analytical, verbal, written and PC skills
* Experience leading salaried associates with team responsibility.
* Exceptional knowledge and history of accomplishments in sales and management roles.
* Experience working in or managing an Account Executive role is a plus.
* Proven track record of effective leadership including people development.
* Requires excellent presentation and written/oral communication skills, as well as the ability to effectively negotiate and influence others.
* Excellent organizational, analytical, and planning skills.
* Computer skills and proficiency, specifically PowerPoint, Excel, and Word is required.
* Labor relations experience with union organizations preferred.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and