Patient Access Services Director
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 5/18/2017
END DATE 3/10/2018
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONDEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION: We are conveniently located at 1135 Tremont St. Our offices are tucked in neatly next to the college campus of Northeastern University. Within walking distance are Symphony Hall, the Huntington Theater, the New England Conservatory of Music, and the Museum of Fine Arts. If it s a nice day, we are just a home run trot away from Fenway Park.
For easy access to the rest of city and the suburbs, both the Commuter Rail and the Orange line are located right next door.
Our department offers flexible hours, casual dress and the panache of working for a world class medical institution.
We take pride in supporting the patient first mission of Beth Israel Deaconess by managing the revenue cycle and offer an incentive program to all employees to encourage the best financial results possible.
Our department offers diverse professional opportunities by interacting and supporting clinical area operations, by implementing cutting edge systems and by our commitment to a work/life approach to business.
Come work and grow with the Revenue Cycle Department of Beth Israel Deaconess
JOB LOCATION: Boston, MA
REQ ID: 20979BR
JOB SUMMARY: The Director of Patient Access Services reports to the Senior Director of Revenue Cycle Management. This position is responsible for daily oversight, management and direction of transaction and process based revenue cycle functions within PFS that exceeds $1 billion per year in gross patient service revenue.
* Establishes adequate controls to ensure that approximately $1 billion in gross patient service revenue is protected via insurance and demographic verification, accurate registration, notifications and authorizations to third party payers.
* Monitors and reports on key metrics such as cash collections, days outstanding, unbilled, denials, etc., in conjunction with the Senior Director of Revenue Cycle Management and other Finance leadership. Recommends and implements changes where appropriate after thoughtful and measurable analysis.
* Assists in planning and development of orientation, annual compliance training, and continuing education programs for all Patient Access Services staff.
* Establishes and maintains controls for coordination of financial counseling operations. Ensures all DHCFP policies and procedures are followed relative to the application and information reporting process.
* Collaborates with Case Management, PCS, and other clinical areas to support BIDMC's throughput and capacity goals. Serves on many hospital committees that ensure achievement of hospital's operating and strategic plans. Maintains effective communication with BIDMC leadership to ensure that all third party compliance guidelines are met.
* Has the authority to direct and support employees daily work activities. Has the direct responsibility to undertake the following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action and performance reviews. Direct Reports: More than 7 Indirect Reports: None
* Assists in planning, monitoring and/or managing budget in functional area of department.
* Bachelor's degree required.
* 5-8 years related work experience required and 3-5 years supervisory/management experience required
* Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
* Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
* Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
* Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and priorities for functional area. May make recommendations for department policies, practices and programs. Manager or Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
* WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to communicate complex information in English effectively in writing to all levels of staff, management and external customers across functional areas.
* ORAL COMMUNICATIONS: Ability to verbally communicate complex concepts in English and address sensitive situations, resolve conflicts, negotiate, motivate and persuade others.
* KNOWLEDGE: Ability to demonstrate broad and comprehensive knowledge of theories, concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex and/or unprecedented situations across multiple functional areas.
* TEAM WORK: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Ability to lead operational initiatives to meet or exceed customer service standards and expectations in assigned unit(s) and/or across multiple areas in a timely and respectful manner.
PHYSICAL NATURE OF THE JOB:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally