Director, Product Management SteelConnect SDWAN
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/8/2017
END DATE 4/4/2018
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONWelcome page
Log back in!
DIRECTOR, PRODUCT MANAGEMENT STEELCONNECT SDWAN
Job Locations US-CA-Sunnyvale | US-San Francisco
Riverbed solutions help companies transition from legacy hardware to a new software-defined and cloud-centric approach to networking and application delivery for the digital age. The Riverbed Application Performance Platform takes Riverbed s SD-WAN solution for agile networking that really works, and adds to this digital backbone industry-leading solutions for WAN optimization and hybrid networking, for branch IT orchestration, and for end-to-end visibility from device to cloud. All these solutions are integrated in a flexible, modular, digital architecture that delivers any apps, data and services from any public or private cloud across any network to any end-point, with the best possible user experience as determined by business policy.
Riverbed is a pre-IPO opportunity with over $1 billion in revenue headquartered in San Francisco with branch offices around the globe.
You in our Team
In this role, you will join a fun, focused and fast paced product team with a mature approach to building and delivering product. We strongly believe that our people are our strongest asset and the culture we embody is a result of our people and their maniacal focus to customer and market needs. You will help us continue to refine and improve our approach.
Your role with us will have a significant and direct impact on our business. We are in the middle of a massive market transformation. As a company, Riverbed is in an exciting mission to make networking as easy and dynamic as compute and storage in the cloud.
You will be expected to lead that transformation by leading cross-functional teams to deliver value for our customers, help author and communicate our strategy, and own key decisions including which projects we fund with our time and energy.
Your role will include working directly with a smart and aggressive engineering team in all facets of day-to-day product development. You will work with a variety of stakeholders from cross-functional groups, business leaders, and customers to evaluate product opportunities. You will develop and articulate a medium and long-term product strategy.
You will own the strategy for both new and existing SDWAN features for our product portfolio. You will be responsible for defining what success means for SDWAN products and for guiding the team to make investment and divestment decisions based for your products based on business outcomes.
We re looking for a proven product mangement professinal who is comfortable defining and leading product strategy. A thorough understanding and comfort with cloud management and networking solutions for enterprise WAN would help hit the ground running in this role. We expect that the ideal candidate takes full ownership of the feature and product lifecycle from defining product requirements based on a thorough understanding of customer requirements, market segmentation and competitive alternatives.
If this sounds like you, you likely have:
* A track record of building and going to market with successful products
* Technical depth that lets you understand and earn the respect of world-class engineers; you deliver requirements that are crisp, focused and ready for execution
* Experience working with sales professionals to develop a deep understanding of customer needs
* Exceptional skill at clear, concise, and compelling communication; should be able to engage at any level ranging from network operators all the way to C-level execs. You should have presented at Executive briefings, sales kickoffs and customer meetings.
* Strong analytical background to seek data driven rigor in decision-making
* Ability to document detailed use cases, network/security administrator workflows and deployment scenarios as they apply to the products or features you drive
* Identify, nurture and execute strategic partnerships when build/buy is not an option.
Product Management Experience
* Experience defining and executing product roadmaps for enterprise WAN networking, security and/or cloud products;
* Experience with (software defined) networking (routers, firewalls, gateways, modems); need to understand the pain of traditional networking and have the will to fundamentally transform networking
* Experience with products that target commercial and mid-large size enterprises; ability to understand the different motivations and mindsets of buyers
* Maniacal focus on ease of use and end to end workflows for the controller and management plane; ability to roll up your sleeves work on UX mockups
* 4+ years of product management experience; MBA strongly preferred; relevant experience in technical marketing, sales engineering or product marketing will be considered.
* Experience with SD-WAN, Networking certifications (CCNA/CCNP/CCIE); AWS Certifications all win additional brownie points
* Bonus points for experience in DevOps processes and tools - continuous integration, continuous delivery, testing, configuration management, monitoring.
Why Riverbed Technology*
If you are a high-achiever who wants to be part of a dynamically growing, billion dollar plus company, then you should look closely at Riverbed. We offer the rewarding experience of working with the best minds in the industry that are changing the world through cutting edge technology and applications. The company has been recognized multiple years for attracting and retaining today s top talent as a great place to work by Glassdoor, Fortune magazine s 20 Great Workplaces in Tech and by numerous other publications.
Learn more at www.riverbed.com.
Riverbed is proud to be an affirmative action (AA) and equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer. M/F/D/V/LGBT.