Director, Quality Management 9/16/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
The Director, Quality Management is responsible for establishing and maintaining an effective Quality Management System for all company operations. This position will provide strategic direction for all QA/QC activities, including implementing standard policies, procedures and performance metrics. The Director will manage all QA/QC staff and will provide support to all operating units to ensure that quality standards are being achieved.
* Actively supports the Company s commitment to safety and its Core Values.
* Represents the Company at all times with high moral standards while adhering to the Company s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
* Design and implement a Quality Management System (QMS) to drive industry leading performance and client satisfaction
* Establish procedures for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection
* Establish key metrics for monitoring quality system effectiveness and to drive higher standards of quality execution
* Educate and train employees on the quality management system, processes and procedures
* Serve as the primary quality control resource for problem identification, resolution, reporting and improvement
* Champion continuous improvement efforts to reduce rework and non-conformance reports
* Perform or participate in root-cause analysis and other problem solving activities to identify effective corrective actions and process improvements
* Ensure customer specifications are identified and enforce compliance with our quality programs
* Establish criteria and rating system for vendors
* Interact with customers to identify opportunities to improve quality and establish feedback process
* Oversees calibration and testing programs
* Reports to management on quality issues and trends
* Participate in internal and external quality audits as required.
* Interface with supplier and customer quality representatives concerning problems with quality control and assure that effective corrective action is implemented.
* All other reasonable duties, as assigned.
* 15+ years experience in quality assurance/quality control with 10 years management experience
* Bachelor s degree in related discipline preferred.
* 8-10 years Quality discipline experience in the construction industry.
* Outstanding knowledge of QA/QC standards and practices.
* Demonstrated management skill and experience.
* Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
* Demonstrated ability and strong knowledge of training techniques.
* Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical information, such as codes (ASME and API), specifications, drawings and reports, as well as ability to prepare work plans for specific projects.
* Strong communication skills, including the ability to work well and communicate with internal and external individuals at all levels.
* Proficient computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Occasional overtime and frequent travel between field locations may be required in this position.