Director, Quality Management
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2017
END DATE 11/28/2017
The Director, Quality Management is responsible for establishing and maintaining an effective Quality Management System for all company operations. This position will provide strategic direction for all QA/QC activities, including implementing standard policies, procedures and performance metrics. The Director will manage all QA/QC staff and will provide support to all operating units to ensure that quality standards are being achieved.
* Actively supports the Company s commitment to safety and its Core Values.
* Represents the Company at all times with high moral standards while adhering to the Company s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
* Design and implement a Quality Management System (QMS) to drive industry leading performance and client satisfaction
* Establish procedures for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection
* Establish key metrics for monitoring quality system effectiveness and to drive higher standards of quality execution
* Educate and train employees on the quality management system, processes and procedures
* Serve as the primary quality control resource for problem identification, resolution, reporting and improvement
* Champion continuous improvement efforts to reduce rework and non-conformance reports
* Perform or participate in root-cause analysis and other problem solving activities to identify effective corrective actions and process improvements
* Ensure customer specifications are identified and enforce compliance with our quality programs
* Establish criteria and rating system for vendors
* Interact with customers to identify opportunities to improve quality and establish feedback process
* Oversees calibration and testing programs
* Reports to management on quality issues and trends
* Participate in internal and external quality audits as required.
* Interface with supplier and customer quality representatives concerning problems with quality control and assure that effective corrective action is implemented.
* All other reasonable duties, as assigned.
* 15+ years experience in quality assurance/quality control with 10 years management experience
* Bachelor s degree in related discipline preferred.
* 8-10 years Quality discipline experience in the construction industry.
* Outstanding knowledge of QA/QC standards and practices.
* Demonstrated management skill and experience.
* Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
* Demonstrated ability and strong knowledge of training techniques.
* Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical information, such as codes (ASME and API), specifications, drawings and reports, as well as ability to prepare work plans for specific projects.
* Strong communication skills, including the ability to work well and communicate with internal and external individuals at all levels.
* Proficient computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Occasional overtime and frequent travel between field locations may be required in this position.