Director Strategy Applications & Analytics
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 12/27/2017
Nokia Siemens Networks
* - The Nokia Corporate Strategy and Development (CSD) organization defines the corporate strategy for Nokia overall and strategies for the five Nokia business groups: Mobile Networks, IP and Optical Networks, Fixed Networks, Applications & Analytics, Tech. CSD is also responsible for business intelligence, new business development, strategic partnerships, and the Nokia IoT strategy.
* - Applications and Analytics (A&A) is Nokias software business group with a broad portfolio in Business Support Systems (BSS), Operational Support Systems (OSS) Service Delivery Platforms (SDP), Network Management (NM), and Emerging Products (EP). It operates in the fastest-growing part of Nokias addressable market and contributes significant to Nokias top line and margin. A&A is at the heart of Nokias stated strategic objective to form a strong independent software business that caters to Nokias large Communication Service Providers (CSP) customer base and expands to new customer segments in Verticals, Enterprises, and Digital Service Providers.
* - The A&A Strategy and Business Development (AA SBD) team within Nokia CSD is dedicated to defining the A&A vision, strategy, and plan in close alignment with the Nokia corporate strategy, act as a challenger to the A&A Business Group and its units, be a thought leader within A&A, across Nokia and beyond on software-related business opportunities and competencies, facilitate dialogue between Nokia business groups on related transversal strategic topics,
* - The AA SBD team engages across the Nokia organization, as it works closely with the A&A team, in particular CTO, the Product Units (OSS, BSS, SDP, NM, EP), with the CSD teams, as well as with colleagues in other Nokia BGs
ROLE OF THE DIRECTOR STRATEGY (APPLICATIONS & ANALYTICS):
* - Define top-level A&A strategy together with the A&A President and the A&A Senior Leadership Team (SLT)
* - Run specific strategy projects with virtual teams across A&A and Nokia to define and detail aspects of A&A and Nokia strategy
* - Engage with potential partners and/ or acquisition targets for strategic business development and support M&A projects
* - Support the A&A Product Unit leaders and their team with analyses and recommendations in defining their strategy and solving business problems and questions
* - Develop thought leadership on latest software technologies, developments, and trends and help Nokia leverage them for accelerating its corporate strategic agenda
* - Support within the A&A SBD team
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things.
Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
* - Experience in the communications and/ or the software industries (5-10 years) and understanding of the customers needs in CSP and enterprises. Experience in the software industry is particularly desired, to expand the CSD teams talent in this area.
* - Proven strategic thinking, and the ability to connect the dots between technology trends and business opportunities
* - Superior analytical skills, and ability to analyze markets, businesses, and business proposals with qualitative and quantitative rigor
* - Ability to establish trust and lead cross-functional teams from within and outside A&A, building and continuously expanding a network of working relationships in all relevant areas
* - Ability to quickly get familiar with new topic areas, work hypothesis-driven, focus on the relevant aspects and contribute rapidly and meaningful
* - Senior-level skills in executive communication in verbal and written form
* - Ability to comfortably and effectively deal with ambiguity, align different stakeholders and viewpoints, and maneuver complex situations
Job Grade/Level: 11