Director, Technical Product Management, Customer Journeys
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/10/2017
END DATE 12/20/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONPost Date:
DIRECTOR, TECHNICAL PRODUCT MANAGEMENT, CUSTOMER JOURNEYS
The Salesforce Marketing Cloud is a leading global provider of cross-channel digital marketing solutions that empower organizations of all sizes to communicate with their customers through email, mobile, social media, Web and marketing automation. We're driven by a deep understanding of marketers' needs-because we're marketers too. No other digital marketing company invests in product innovation the way we do, giving our clients access to truly cutting-edge technology.
As a member of the Product Management team, you have the opportunity to shape our customer journey products that allow Marketing Cloud customers to have visibility from all devices into the performance of their campaigns, sends, and to manage various details of their accounts.
This will be be a highly technical product management role requiring a strong understanding of product architecture and other technologies in the market. This role will be responsible for driving requirements that help our engineering organization select optimal technologies to create highly scalable, extensible customer journey solutions. You accomplish this via direct hands-on ownership as well as leadership - both direct and by influence to drive the product strategy, roadmap and launch and operations of products with a global mindset.
You will be a key player in helping accelerate the growth of the Journeys product line. Your overarching focus will be on bringing innovative product ideas to market via technology - with a relentless focus on the customers and developers. You bring strong product oriented thinking combined with communication, analytical and leadership skills.
The ideal candidate will be well versed in cross-channel campaign management and building out a robust set of marketing tools to empower marketers to run event-driven and batch marketing campaigns.
* Success will be measured by the overall performance of your product line, which will include; product performance, stability and strong adoption by customers.
* Establish and drive market and customer requirements that inform the technical strategy and vision for Marketing Cloud products.
* Define metrics to ensure product success and drive corresponding requirements to deliver on monitoring and actionability of these metrics.
* Partner tightly with the development and quality engineering groups to ensure alignment between customer requirements and technology decisions.
* Work with customers, sales teams, and services teams to identify product use cases and drive key features, enhancements and requirements
* Participate in customer-facing events and user conferences as a product expert
* Lead (directly and/or by influence) world-class product managers, engineers, QA, UX designers and work closely with other partner stakeholders (marketing, merchandising, legal, finance)- providing guidance and direction to achieve the product vision for customer centric and global product launches
* Occasional travel to meet with key customers to understand product needs and issues
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL DEMONSTRATE:
* Leader with strong technical skills and demonstrated business acumen
* Technical background with hands-on software development experience is a must
* Self-starter with ability to lead large scale projects and build new technical products from the ground up independently
* Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
* Superior verbal and written communications skills
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired as is bringing customer oriented products to market.
* Demonstrated ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases. Ability to clearly communicate data insights to others. Work with other business partners to perform deep data driven analysis of businesses to surface actionable insights and product requirements; drive the implementation of recommendations derived from analysis into product features.
* Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality
* Dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape
* BA/BS (preferably in a Computer Science related discipline)
* 8+ years of Technical Leadership
* 2-5 years product management experience on cloud based enterprise applications and integrated solutions
* Familiarity with REST services, C#, Microsoft .net and SQL Server, Big Data Solutions and Open Source technologies
* Experience with CRM, marketing applications, data analytics and cloud computing
* Proven history of delivering software products with visual design and engineering teams
* Experience with Agile methodologies such as User Centered Design, Lean Startup, XP, Scrum or Kanban
* Self-starter, broad thinker, strategic planner, analytical skills
* Experience in both leading a team directly and by influence to meet aggressive goals with high judgment applied on how products are built.
* A demonstrated record of partnering with teams across the organization and influencing to achieve business results across multiple teams who may have different goals
* MBA related credentials are strongly preferred
* Experience working with marketing, real-time interaction management and/or data analytics products
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.