Director, Technical Program Management, Marketing Cloud 10/10/2017
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Post Date:
The Technical Program Management team works across our Cloud Business Units driving operations and programs that deliver innovative, enterprise cloud solutions for our customers.
* Build: The operational backbone for your Cloud Business Unit; drive the organization and cadence of work for every release and planning cycle.
* Lead: Functional and technical delivery of team-, org-, and company-wide initiatives from Idea-to-Customer. Be the "Go To" in leadership, transparency, and visibility for the entire Technology & Products organization.
* Drive: 100+ people across multiple teams.
* See: Around corners and anticipate risks. Find and resolve the issues before they become blockers.
* Partner: For successful relationships with diverse technical & non-technical roles spanning all organizational levels.
* Manage: The resource allocation and team optimization required for effective product delivery. Apply your Agile Development domain knowledge to push & pull the right optimization levers whenever needed.
* Influence: A diverse set of stakeholders with your excellent relationships, commitment to driving good decisions and deep domain expertise in SaaS product development and Enterprise software.
* Innovate: And contribute to the evolution of our Agile Development methodology and the Program Management function at Salesforce.
* Be: A thought leader within the organization, someone who can help advance our Product & Technology strategy globally, and challenge others in the organization to change.
* Execute the Cloud BU's release plan and represent the Cloud's priorities and business requirements to groups such as: other Clouds, Release Management, Infrastructure, Legal & Patents, and Customer Success.
* Partner with your Cloud GM and leadership team to develop and drive strategy.
* Own and manage executive level meetings and planning activities.
* Prepare Cloud leadership for Salesforce senior executive planning reviews.
* Support your Cloud's SCRUM teams by ensuring alignment, driving to dates, and running Sprint Reviews.
* Identify and drive special projects within your Cloud, across Clouds, and for Salesforce.
* Your deliverables: release plans, headcount management, scope of work and backlogs, inter-cloud dependencies, release-cycle execution, key meeting and forums management, removing all obstacles and driving all issues to resolution.
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & QUALITIES:
* 8-10 years of Enterprise Software program management experience on progressively more complex and simultaneous programs.
* BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Management Information Systems, or equivalent work experience. MBA preferred.
* Excellent track record and at least 3 years of successfully implementing and managing SaaS product development programs; keen understanding of the SaaS business model and its product development lifecycle.
* Thorough understanding of web technology, infrastructure processes, and product lifecycle; ability to adjust and apply this knowledge in a dynamic environment using Agile methodologies.
* Demonstrated domain expertise in synthesizing broad span of data and inputs and distilling into essential priorities and succinct executive action plans.
* Ability to establish credibility and rapport with senior executives and technical and non-technical team members alike.
* Deep appreciation for the Customer mindset. Proven ability to think Customer-first; successful track record in building strategies and solutions to meet Customer needs.
* Outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal, relationship building skills conducive to collaboration; able to work well in a cross-functional, matrix management environment.
* Energetic self-starter passionate about professional integrity and excellence with a positive attitude and contagious enthusiasm.
* Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, environment where you must take on multiple responsibilities and do what it takes to get things done.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" six years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" nine years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.