Distribution Center - Conveyor Operations
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 1/18/2018
The J. M. Smucker Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONFor more than 120 years, The J. M. Smucker Company has been committed to offering consumers quality products that bring families together to share memorable meals and moments. Today, Smucker is a leading marketer and manufacturer of consumer food and beverage products and pet food and pet snacks in North America with annual net sales of approximately $8 billion. In consumer foods and beverages, its brands include Smucker's , Folgers , Jif , Dunkin Donuts , Crisco , Pillsbury , R.W. Knudsen Family , Hungry Jack , Caf Bustelo , Martha White , truRoots , Sahale Snacks , Robin Hood , and Bick s . In pet food and pet snacks, its brands include Meow Mix , Milk- Bone , Kibbles 'n Bits , Natural Balance , and 9Lives . The Company remains rooted in the Basic Beliefs of Quality, People, Ethics, Growth, and Independence established by its founder and namesake more than a century ago. For more information about the Company, visit jmsmucker.com.
This position is a Monday-Friday 2:30pm - 11:00pm shift. This position is located in Topeka, Kansas. In this position an employee is responsible for the efficient operation of conveyors and verification of product integrity. This position works with DC and Plant personnel and conveyor receiving and maintenance.
* Ensure the accuracy of all pallet quantities received from plant.
* Validate products entering the DC are damage free.
* Responsible for efficient conveyor operation to prevent or correct jams.
* Assist with two man lift for Chep pallets as needed to correct conveyor jams.
* Perform routine maintenance work as necessary.
* Maintain open and professional communication with Leads and Supervisors.
* Responsible to follow all GMP, PPE, Safety and Housekeeping requirements.
* Review, understand and follow the operator responsibilities of all JSA s and Safe Practices written for the warehouse per OSHA standards.
* Report maintenance issues in a timely manner.
* Clean warehouse of all loose debris from the floor and traveling area immediately.
* Communicate with both oncoming and departing shifts.
* Wear proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) appropriate with job tasks and areas
* Other duties as assigned.
* Must be able to read, count accurately, do simple math and write legibly.
* Ability to follow directions with emphasis on safety is extremely important.
* Demonstrate ability to work in a team oriented environment.
* Must understand and follow all standard operating procedures (SOPS).
* Must understand and follow all Job Safety Analysis and Safe Practices.
* Must Understand and follow all Good Manufacturing Practices.
* Must understand and follow all food safety and BRC guidelines.
High School Diploma or GED required
Environmental Conditions hot in summer, cool to cold in winter. Dress appropriately..