Distribution Technician - Hospital Hill (Part-Time/Weekend/Evening Shift) 5/18/2017
Truman Medical Centers, Inc
Kansas City, MO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
Truman Medical Centers, a two-hospital, 600-bed, not-for-profit healthcare system, is the largest and most comprehensive safety net healthcare provider in Jackson County and Kansas City, Mo. TMC serves as the pri mary teaching hospital for the University of Missouri-Kansas City Schools of Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry and Pharmacy.
Our Hospital Hill campus is located in the UMKC Health Sciences District: a premier academic health district engaging in cutting-edge biomedical research and entrepreneurship, delivering state-of-the science health care, and educating the next generation of health care professionals. Recognized as a critical area resource for advanced specialized healthcare, TMC is constantly working to deliver the best pos sible medical care for our patients. Quality, innovation, team work and attention to detail are at the heart of all we do. TMC s tagline is: Better. For Everyone. It is a simple state ment, but it has profound significance. It is what we stand for, it is the focus of our work, and it is our promise to our patients.
The Distribution Technician is an entry level position and staff will be trained in areas of the department. Perform heavy manual labor to include receiving, storage, distribution and inventory control of equipment and supplies. Assist with decontamination, processing and sterilization of instrumentation. Perform data entry computer work.
This position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
* High school diploma or GED
* Ability to input data into computer programs.
* Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. without assistance.
* Good customer service skills.
* Six to twelve months experience working in a health care facility.
* Familiar with hospital supplies and equipment.
* Experience working with materials management computer programs.
* Ability to read, write and speak English clearly.
* 25 wpm keyboarding skills.
2:30PM - 11:00PM