Division Vice President of Nursing Informatics
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 12/9/2017
Saint Petersburg, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Code: 01380-8629
HCA West Florida is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery and diagnostic imaging facilities, and a complete continuum of specialized health programs and services that meet the healthcare needs of residents and businesses in West Florida communities. Last year we treated approximately 1 million patients. Our parent company, HCA, is the nation s leading provider of healthcare services. HCA West Florida affiliated facilities include 16 hospitals on 18 Campuses, 12 ambulatory surgery centers, numerous diagnostic imaging facilities and occupational health sites, an integrated regional lab, and a consolidated service center.
The Division Director of Nursing Informatics provides visionary leadership and direction for a comprehensive nursing informatics program for HCA s West Florida Division network of hospitals.
* Develop a division framework and strategy for technology initiatives and evaluation that aligns with the enterprise framework for nursing informatics and division goals
* Provide feedback to corporate nursing on division-level roll-outs and initiatives
* Shape corporate strategy by providing data-driven feedback on needed new or upgraded technologies based on clinical requirements
Delivery and Operations
* Work collaboratively with the interdisciplinary leaders to establish short and long term goals and implementation plans for clinical information systems in partnership with the Division IT&S leadership team.
* Responsible for strategic and operational leadership in the development, deployment, re-engineering, and integration of division clinical information systems to support nursing
* Collaborate with stakeholders to develop and implement new clinical systems or programs to enhance existing services and raise the standard of care for the patient population served
* Collaborate with IT&S leadership to ensure standardization and application of best practice models
* Represent nursing interests in partnerships with clinical, operational, and IT leadership to translate clinical needs into information system needs
* Direct clinical workflow and data flow analysis to support technology development and deployment
* Further develop or create nurse informatics role and Nursing Informatics community within the Division to support growth, technology adoption and optimization, employee, physician and patient satisfaction, Magnet and other clinical practice initiatives.
* Master's Degree Required
* 3 (+) years of experience in clinical practice required
* 7 (+) years of experience in leadership with oversight of clinical informatics initiatives required
* Informatics Nursing Certification required
* Expert knowledge of clinical systems that support operational efficiencies as it relates to clinical informatics enterprise initiatives
* Knowledge in the use, development, and deployment of electronic health records and other information systems
* Knowledge of issues related to changing roles and skills in the current health care environment
* The ability to use database software to enter, retrieve, sort, and filter information as necessary for reporting or report generation.
* The ability to use intermediate/advanced features of spreadsheet software to analyze data including formatting summary tables, creating graphs and charts, and making calculations
* The ability to plan and manage projects, including assigned personnel, multiple competing project, or resource demands to meet project deadlines on time and within budget
Last Edited: 09/18/2017