This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 11/20/2017
Stanley Black & Decker
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Title: Van Driver/Customer Service Representative
Reports To: Service Operations Manager
Potential Next Assignments: Field Service Coordinator
Van drivers pull, load and deliver goods to customers in a timely, safe and efficient manner on a daily basis. The positions will assume the duties of the Customer Service Representative during delivery down time.
* Must have a valid driver s license and a clean driving record
* Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent
* Must be a hard worker with a great work ethic
* Must be able to demonstrate superior customer service and salesmanship
* Must have the ability to read and comprehend operations system procedures and computer reports
* Must be able to perform simple mathematical calculations
* Must be able to conduct business in a respectful manner and maintain appropriate conduct in and out of the service center environment when representing Stanley Black & Decker
* Must be able to adhere to the company s dress code at all times
* Must be able to learn our products, their applications, care and proper maintenance as well as become well versed in our discounts, pricing policies, product prices and product programs
* Must be able to adhere to the company s service policies at all times
* Able to sit, stand, bend, walk, climb, and remain in static positions for duration of shift.
* Able to lift five to seventy-five pounds (5-75 lbs.), with or without assistance, frequently.
Duties & Responsibilities
Shipping & Receiving:
* Primary responsibilities are to pick-up and deliver tools to our customers;
* Schedules incoming product repairs and provide information to customers on availability of product and of product service, including prices, delivery dates, etc.;
* Responsible for verifying accurate and timely deliveries to each customer;
* Responsible for obtaining and tracking delivery receipt confirmations for each assigned delivery;
* Responsible for loading and unloading deliveries from the van;
* During unproductive hours this position will assume the roles of a Customer Service Representative;
* Attracts potential customers by answering product and service questions; suggesting information about other products and services;
* Administers pricing, identifying all items as a catalog number and description, verifies quantity, and extending all items on customer orders;
* Services customers on product use and care;
* Resolves product or service problems by clarifying the customer's complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution;
Safe Work Practices:
* Follows all safety precautions and policies according to SB&D guidelines;
* Responsible to inform Service Operations Manager of routine maintenance needed;
* Inspecting the vehicle and parts to ensure safety on the road daily at start of shift and end of shift;
* Responsible for all clerical duties in the service center as well as customer orders and point-of-sales;
* Uses the POS terminal to process all sale and non-sale transactions;
* As operational needs change, duties and responsibilities of this position will be subject to change and/or develop per management review;
* Prepares product or service reports by collecting and analyzing customer information;
* Other duties as assigned by Manager;
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.