Construction Sealants Roof Coating Eastern Region Account Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 1/10/2018
Momentive Performance Materials USA LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION TITLE:
Construction Sealants Roof Coating Eastern Region Account Manager
Job Description Overview
-tThe Regional Account Manager will be charged with driving sales growth and margin for Momentive s Formulated Products Sealant Construction Business - an exclusive manufacturer of GE Silicones.
-tThis individual will be responsible for a geographic territory in the Eastern half of the U.S., servicing and growing sales and margin dollars with existing and new Enduris authorized distributors.
-tThey will be the primary contact for assigned & target accounts and responsible for developing overall business strategies and execution to achieve success.
-tThe position will weigh heavily on distribution, and therefore will require the ability to coordinate field activities, promote our products, and work with our distributors to do the same.
-tThis person will develop, train and manage a team of independent representatives in select markets to support sales and service efforts in local geographies and ensure distributors achieve success.
-tKey objectives will require the ability to track large construction projects, coordinate activities between the Architect, Consultant, GC and all possible sub-contractors on that project. They will need to work closely with our external sales partners, internal field technical support, customer service associates, product management and supply chain to bring these activities together.
* Develop and execute a growth plan that utilizes distribution channels to succeed.
* Utilize knowledge of regional commercial construction projects and work with consultants, architects, engineers, general contractors & sub-contractors to secure multiple products on those projects.
* Success will be related to market and industry relationships. As such, you must identify and win key relationships with consultants, architects, general contractors and sub contractors, earn their upcoming business and coordinate activities between these people and our Distributors, Manufacturer's Representatives & Field Technical Engineers.
* Meet business growth expectations by developing new accounts, winning additional business with existing accounts, and selling new products into assigned accounts and target customers.
* Win inclusion in architectural firm specifications impacting projects in your region. Lead and coordinate others to support this initiative.
* Conduct onsite job visits, investigations & product testing. Candidate must be able to ride in a man-lift and be comfortable on commercial roofs at various heights.
* Generate professional written proposals & technical documents, prepare and deliver sales presentations, plan customer meetings, and demonstrate product capabilities in a persuasive and effective manner.
* In coordination with Enduris Sales Manager, manage local Manufactures Representative(s) to ensure they achieve goals and objectives in line with our strategy. Ensure their performance is maximized and justifies cost.
* Administrative responsibilities include field reports, pricing, forecasting, professional written correspondence and coordinating certain activities and customer needs with customers service.
* Extensive travel within the Eastern U.S. will be required.
* You must submit your application for employment through momentive.com to be considered.
* You must be 18 years old or older.
* You must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process.
* You must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process
* You must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
* If currently a Momentive employee, you must have current satisfactory work performance.
* Minimum 5 years of experience selling in a business to business role, preferably in roofing industry and specific experience with the roof coating segment.
* Strong technical capabilities.
* Exceptional leadership, team building, account management, interpersonal, presentation and communication skills (written and verbal) with a proven track record of success.
* Must be able to understand performance differences with our product portfolio and competitive products and demonstrate this in a persuasive manner.
* Ability to learn the technical language and processes of the construction industry.
* Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong organization skills are a must.
* Solid and efficient PC based computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
* Must be able to function effectively in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment and act with a sense of urgency and timeliness.
* Willing to submit to a background investigation, including for example, verification of your past employment, criminal history, and educational background. #LI-LC1
* BS or BA
* Roofing / coating industry and sealant or coating product knowledge is a strong plus.
* This position will be home based and requires highly motivated individual with proven success
* Solid commercial and technical understanding of the construction and/or roofing industry.
* We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, minority status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any characteristic protected by law.
* In order to be considered for this position candidates are required to submit an application for employment through our career site, be at least 18 years of age, willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
* Candidates are required to have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States.
* If currently an employee of the Company, you must have current satisfactory work performance and in most cases, have been in your current role 18 months.
* Disclaimer: We are not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee about this position. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee of the Company via email, the Internet or in any other form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of the Company; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by the Company as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.
PERCENT OF TRAVEL