Editorial Project Leader 10/12/2017
Boston Consulting Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Editorial Project Leader will collaborate with the Deputy Editor of Editorial Operations, the Deputy editor of Thought Leadership, and the Deputy Editor for Freelance Writers to usher new thought leadership requests through the editorial process, from the moment a project hits a PA s pipeline through distribution on BCG s various channels. This position will be responsible for assigning writers to global projects, ensuring all content submitted is complete and follows our editorial guidelines, for tracking projects, and ensuring projects are finished/published in an efficient manner.
The Editorial Project Leader will provide support to the Director of Editorial Operations and the Deputy Editor, Editorial Operations by helping to ensure the smooth functioning of the editorial group, devise creative solutions to new editorial operations challenges in an ever more dynamic content environment, and ensure integration with the practices and the online, production, media, e-mail, and social media teams. This position will work cross-functionally with global marketing to coordinate special projects and campaigns, and will also project-manage periodic local, client, and press-related editorial projects and coordinate between the various editorial resources.
This position will be juggling multiple projects simultaneously and will need to balance competing priorities. They will work closely with the Deputy Editors and thought leadership writers/editors to ensure a smooth content creation process -- from project kick-off, through the coordination and tracking of resources and details, to ensuring projects deliver in a timely manner.
Company InformationThe Boston Consulting Group (BCG) is a global management consulting firm and the world s leading advisor on business strategy. We partner with clients from the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors in all regions to identify their highest value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their enterprises. BCG was founded in 1963 and is a privately owned firm with more than 14,000 employees across 85 offices in 48 countries. Integrity, respect for the individual, delivering value, and making an impact on society are just some of BCG's core values. BCG's commitment to both our clients' success and our own standards is what sets BCG apart as a world-class professional services organization. Join BCG - start your career at a company that is consistently ranked as the leader in its field, and is acknowledged as one of the best places to work.
Basic Job Requirements
* BA or BS degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, Communications, or related field.
* 5+ years of professional experience required
* 2+ years of experience in editorial and/or production for a newspaper, magazine, or content-oriented Web publication/site preferred
* Experience with editorial assignment, production, and copy flow processes a plus
* Experience working with and managing freelancers a plus
* Proficient in project management
* Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a professional or business environment
Key CompetenciesTechnical and functional expertise
* Experience with editorial or operations platforms, digital environments, and digital planning and tracking tools encouraged
* Familiarity with content management systems and editorial production processes a plus
* Ability to prioritize and balance multiple projects amongst competing priorities
* Ability to anticipate obstacles and issues and create effective contingency plans; be an effective a problem solver
* Flexibility to learn new tools, processes, and approaches
* Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced and changing environment with limited supervision
* Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to take initiative, but also works effectively as a team member
* Proficiency in MS Office
* Strong attention to detail
* Strong project management skills
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Polished and mature presence
Problem Solving and Analytical Skills
* Ability to resolve complex issues and problems independently with sound judgment balanced with seeking guidance and assistance when needed
* Ability to address root causes behind issues, identify patterns, comprehend the big picture and long term implications
* Proven ability to perform rigorous and accurate analysis
Communication, interpersonal and teaming skills
* Ability to work successfully in a team environment, manage multiple clients, and provide strong consultation throughout the search process
* Ability to successfully work and communicate with individuals at all levels of an organization
* Advanced verbal and written communications and listening skills
* Self-starter with the ability to work independently and in teams
* Proven success in setting priorities and communicating expectations with key stakeholders
* Ability to work positively and collaboratively with others and in teams, building long lasting relationships
* High level of initiative, self-motivation, resourcefulness, collaboration and patience
Work management, organization and planning
* Superior organizational skills, with the ability to work well under pressure
* Effectively balance strategic thinking with the ability to get things done within a rapidly changing work environment.
* Demonstrates a flexible approach to work & has excellent work management and organizational skills
* Ability to balance multiple competing priorities
* Ability to anticipate obstacles and issues and create effective contingency plans
Customer and business focus
* Approaches work with a dedicated focus on client service and delivery
* Awareness of need to provide high level client support while successfully balancing the needs of the organization, the manager and the candidates
* Strong business acumen
People Management and Leadership
* Consistently directs situations and inspires people for an all-win situation
* Drives business results by aligning the vision, mission & values
* Enlists the cooperation of others while tapping into the skills & abilities of others to achieve desired results
* Understanding of cultural differences across regions; ability to engage and connect with virtual team members and stakeholders
Values and ethics
* Must be able to perform successfully in a fast-paced, intellectually intense, service-oriented environment and to interpret rules and guidelines flexibly to enhance the business and in keeping with BCG s values and culture.
* Experience working successfully within a complex matrix structured organization is essential.
* It is necessary to have the ability to understand and manage complex reporting relationships and incorporate multiple cultures.
Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
Non-discrimination StatementThe Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable. BCG is an E-Verify Employer. Click here for more information on E-Verify. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
* Partner with Practice Area Marketing Managers to assign in-house and freelance writers to a variety of global, local, and client content projects. Ensure assignments are made consciously and carefully to fit the particular needs of the project.
* Manage the workload of a set of freelance editorial resources assignments, coordination, communication, troubleshooting, etc.
* Track writer s projects and ensure the beginning of