Electrical Construction Manager - Buffalo, NY and Erie, PA 10/10/2017
M & W Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About Us
The M+W Group is the leading global partner for architecture, engineering, construction and project management in the fields of Advanced Technology Facilities, the Life Science industries, Energy & Environmental Technologies, Mission Critical, Electronics and other High-Tech Infrastructures. Our focus is technically complex; from concept development to turnkey services, our company manages projects of all sizes ensuring flexibility, rapid realization and cost-effective completion.
We are committed to attracting and retaining the best employees. Our teams bring outstanding expertise to every project, from business and strategic planning to facility maintenance and operations.
We create extraordinary solutions, delivering the unexpected by listening and responding with ingenuity and innovation.
Duties & Responsibilities
* The Construction Manager must, in all dealings with Owners, Architects, Managers, Subcontractors, Suppliers, Employees, Co-workers, and the public, be honest.
* In all dealings, represent M+W U.S., INC. in a positive, professional manner, and in a way that reflects well on the Company.
* Initiate and maintain positive relationships with Owners, design professionals, and others related to the project. He or she shall communicate in a forthright and cooperative manner with all persons concerned with the project, keeping information channels open and ensuring a high degree of credibility and confidence.
* Work as a cooperative team member with the Project Management Staff.
* Have knowledge of the terms of the Construction Contract and of the Construction documents, including the complete drawings (civil, structural, architectural, mechanical, electrical, and systems); specifications; addenda; change documents; and any other pertinent documents.
* The Construction Manager is responsible for establishing and maintaining equitable and business like relationships between M+W U.S., INC. and their Subcontractors and Suppliers.
* Solicit and pre-qualify subcontractors and venders.
* Prepare and issue bid packages.
* Assist in the preparation and issuance of subcontracts and purchase orders.
* Schedule, develop the agenda, and chair the project turnover meeting.
* Implement the M+W U.S., Inc. Site Specific Safety Program.
* With the aid of the Construction Superintendent and Assistant Construction Manager, develop and maintain updates of the overall project schedule. He or She will evaluate job progress, in regards to schedule, and will track each Subcontractor s and Supplier s success in accomplishing target dates and deadlines. When such dates are not met, the Construction Manager will require actions to be taken to maintain the schedule, including an acceleration or recovery schedule. The Project Manager shall be notified when such actions may alter job profits.
* Oversee the Construction Superintendent and Assistant Construction Manager in ensuring compliance with the Contract and Contract Documents, including the oversight of quality control and conformance to specifications.
* Ensure the timely processing of, shop drawings and required submittals in a timely manner. He or she will establish and maintain a Submittal Log seeing to it that any conflicts or issues, which develop from the submittal process, are brought to a swift resolution.
* Chair the Owner Meetings.
* Price, with the review of the Project Manager, all proposed changes to the Contract. He or she will establish a Potential Change Log. The Construction Manager will ensure that Purposed Changes are processed in a timely manner.
* Ensure that the Project Control Specialist is maintaining the Contract Documents, that they are at all times up-to-date, with all revised drawings, addenda, and Change Orders. He or She will also assure the maintenance and completion of the As-Built drawings.
* Insure that the procurement and submittal of all Guarantees, Warranties, and all required Operating Instructions, as well as, the training to the Owner s personnel are completed in a timely manner.
* Assist, when required, in obtaining building permits and other regulatory permits, licenses and approvals as required.
* Be responsible for ensuring timely billings from Subcontractors and Suppliers, and for processing the billings in accordance with Subcontract agreements and Purchase Orders.
* With assistance from the Construction Superintendent and Assistant Construction Manager, will perform Quality Control functions. He or she shall verify the use of specified and/or approved materials, mix designs, certifications, commissioning, and other project components and systems. Based upon Project requirements, the Construction Manager may assign a dedicated Quality Manager.
* Provide management and technical support to the Construction Superintendent, Assistant Construction Manager, and the Office Manager.
* Coordinate, with the Construction Superintendent and the Assistant Construction Manager, that all layouts, benchmarks, and dimensions for construction are accurate and true.
* Establish with the Construction Superintendent and Assistant Construction Manager all scheduled show up dates for Subcontractors and material delivery. He or She shall be responsible for ensuring timely material deliveries.
* At various times, quantify, verify, process, and order miscellaneous project materials with the assistance and knowledge of the Construction Superintendent and/or Assistant Construction Manager.
* Be responsible for the review of the Construction Superintendent s Daily reports. He or she will not, under any circumstances, complete the Construction Superintendent s portion of the Daily Report.
* With input from the Assistant Construction Manager and the Construction Superintendent, determine quantities of work-in-place for Cost Reports, reviewing those quantities with the Project Manager, when required to do so.
* Ensure that a Material Delivery Status Log is maintained on the project.
* Review Subcontracts and Purchase Orders and verify cost codes and approve invoices for payment.
* Ensure that expense reports (with attached receipts), etc. are properly coded and transmitted to the Project Manager within the established time frame.
* Insure that field personnel are in compliance with critical work area procedures as required.
* When necessary, prepare Subcontractor Change Orders.
* Prepare documentation for the Monthly Applications for Payment and review with the Project Manager. Once approved, documentation shall be submitted to the Project Control Specialist for processing. The Construction Manager and/or Project Manager is responsible for the collection of payment from the Owner.
* Have final responsibility for the timely preparation of the Weekly Report.
* Complete the Project Information Sheet at the commencement of the project, as well as the completion of the project. This information will be transmitted to the Business Development Department.
* The Construction Manager or his assigned representative will schedule and chair the Subcontractor s Pre-Construction conferences.
* Ensure punch list generation and completion.
* Insure compliance with project close out procedures and deliverables.
* Perform related duties as assigned.
*Bachelor s degree in engineering or architecture, construction management or other related field preferred.
*5-10 years verifiable, relevant construction management experience
*Demonstrated leadership and personnel management skills for managing work assignments and employee performance to ensure the efficient, cost-effective utilization of staff
*Proven safety track record
*Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and Project or an equivalent scheduling program
*Must be detail-oriented and demonstrate strong analytical and problem