Electrical Engineer 9/19/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Title
Alsip, IL 60803 US (Primary)
The Plant Engineer must possess the desire and ability to manage maintenance and repair for all areas of the plant. As a member of the team the Plant Engineer will be a partner in the Operations Division.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
* Design, implement and maintain preventive as well as predictive maintenance programs.
* Prepare and administer department budget within established guidelines for maintenance and repair of building and equipment.
* Manage all processes and equipment to meet state & federal compliance requirements i.e.- air permits, WWT discharge permits, OHSA safety standards, etc.
* Maintain plant quality performance standards.
* Able to manage and direct an engineering staff and workforce
* Facilitates and fosters a teamwork oriented philosophy.
* Responsible for all of the engineering department safety related matters.
* Plans and oversees Capital Expenditure items including equipment purchases, contracted labor and in-house construction and fabrication projects.
* Provide on and off-hour emergency response including; equipment repair, damage control, and assignment of support personnel as needed.
* Facilitates and supports EHS programs such as hazardous waste disposal programs.
* Provides necessary training to new and existing employees.
* Keeps up on technological changes such as retrofitting machinery to meet today's new laws and efficiency standards.
* Performs other duties as requested by the Plant Manager
We are looking for individuals with a BS degree in Electrical Engineering and 5-10 years experience in a production / plant engineering setting; ideally in a high-speed metal forming operation. This experience should involve Systems design and maintenance management responsibilities. This experience can either be from a full-time position or from a co-op and/or internship assignment(s).
Knowledge in the following areas is required:
PLC s, installation, set-up, and programming
* Rockwell / Allen Bradley, Plc-5, SLC, and Logix 5000 based systems * Modicon, 984 and Quantum and Unity * Siematic TI 500/505and CTI-505 (2500)
HMI programming and set-up
* Rockwell PV & PV+ * Group Schneider Magellis * Progea Movicon
PLC Network programming and set-up
* DeviceNet, * Profibus, * Ethernet IP * Process control & SCADA systems function, set-up and programming. * A solid understanding of OSHA electrical safe work practices and the NFPA electrical code and machinery standards. * Power transmission equipment such as gearboxes, drive trains, conveying equipment, etc * Facilities power distribution to include voltages to 600v, three phase. * Building facilities and services to include compressed air, water, hydraulics, vacuum, & heating/cooling
20 - 30%