This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/19/2017
END DATE 4/18/2018
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title
Alsip, IL 60803 US (Primary)
The Plant Engineer must possess the desire and ability to manage maintenance and repair for all areas of the plant. As a member of the team the Plant Engineer will be a partner in the Operations Division.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned):
* Design, implement and maintain preventive as well as predictive maintenance programs.
* Prepare and administer department budget within established guidelines for maintenance and repair of building and equipment.
* Manage all processes and equipment to meet state & federal compliance requirements i.e.- air permits, WWT discharge permits, OHSA safety standards, etc.
* Maintain plant quality performance standards.
* Able to manage and direct an engineering staff and workforce
* Facilitates and fosters a teamwork oriented philosophy.
* Responsible for all of the engineering department safety related matters.
* Plans and oversees Capital Expenditure items including equipment purchases, contracted labor and in-house construction and fabrication projects.
* Provide on and off-hour emergency response including; equipment repair, damage control, and assignment of support personnel as needed.
* Facilitates and supports EHS programs such as hazardous waste disposal programs.
* Provides necessary training to new and existing employees.
* Keeps up on technological changes such as retrofitting machinery to meet today's new laws and efficiency standards.
* Performs other duties as requested by the Plant Manager
We are looking for individuals with a BS degree in Electrical Engineering and 5-10 years experience in a production / plant engineering setting; ideally in a high-speed metal forming operation. This experience should involve Systems design and maintenance management responsibilities. This experience can either be from a full-time position or from a co-op and/or internship assignment(s).
Knowledge in the following areas is required:
PLC s, installation, set-up, and programming
* Rockwell / Allen Bradley, Plc-5, SLC, and Logix 5000 based systems * Modicon, 984 and Quantum and Unity * Siematic TI 500/505and CTI-505 (2500)
HMI programming and set-up
* Rockwell PV & PV+ * Group Schneider Magellis * Progea Movicon
PLC Network programming and set-up
* DeviceNet, * Profibus, * Ethernet IP * Process control & SCADA systems function, set-up and programming. * A solid understanding of OSHA electrical safe work practices and the NFPA electrical code and machinery standards. * Power transmission equipment such as gearboxes, drive trains, conveying equipment, etc * Facilities power distribution to include voltages to 600v, three phase. * Building facilities and services to include compressed air, water, hydraulics, vacuum, & heating/cooling
20 - 30%