Electrical Engineer I (Hardware Inverter)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/12/2017
END DATE 1/18/2018
Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc.
Farmington Hills, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONGENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
Plans and manages activities for multiple projects to ensure goals or objectives are accomplished within a prescribed time frame by performing any combination of all essential duties and responsibilities.
* Analyze and comprehend system requirements and customer needs.
* Interface with multi-disciplinary team of engineers, customers and vendors to discuss existing and potential new projects.
* Study and understand existing hardware designs and begin to support senior engineers in the creation of entirely new hardware to realize the desired operational and performance requirements.
* Prepare block diagrams, detailed circuit schematics and manage the PCB layout of hardware concepts and final designs.
* Use technical and engineering acumen to perform the necessary analysis, simulation and verification of analog and digital hardware and firmware.
* Develop, oversee and manage test specifications and their execution of electrical hardware systems.
* Learn to use reliability and quality tools to assess hardware designs.
* Support senior engineers and manufacturing teams to release hardware designs into production.
* Represent employer at customer meetings to explain or defend technical findings and technical recommendations.
* Evaluate and investigate products and recommend repair or design modifications based on requirements, cost, company resources and capabilities.
* Operate computer aided design software such as EXCEL, MathCAD, Matlab/Simulink, SPICE, Labview, Saber etc.... to perform engineering tasks as necessary.
* Design and coordinate the fabrication and configuration of laboratory test equipment for hardware testing.
* Travel to Japan for technical training and customer support for approximately 10 days per year.
* Easily and regularly walk and move about all locations throughout facility and must be able to lift and maneuver over short distances objects that weigh approximately 40lbs.
* EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
* Minimum BS Electrical Engineering / MS Electrical Engineering is preferred
* Course focus on power electronics and circuits and systems.
* Familiarity of electrical power conversion methods and topologies. Including switch mode power and electric motor drives.
* Familiarity of microprocessor interfaces for sensors and actuators for both high and low voltage environments.
* Understanding of the various milestones and guidelines in taking a product from concept into mass production.
* Understanding engineering analysis methods and interpreting the results to convey this information to others.
* Proficient in setting up and using laboratory test equipment such as multi-meters, scopes, logic analyzer, power analyzer.
* Comfortable and aware of safety guidelines when being around higher voltage and higher current apparatus.
* Comfortable and aware of safety guidelines when being around high speed mechanical equipment.
* Critical thinking and problem solving skills with excellent communication of problems and solutions
* Active and continuous learning to understand the implications of new information for both current and future problem solving and decision making.
* Excellent speaking and writing skills to convey information efficiently and effectively.
* TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
* Candidate will perform initial hire 6 mo. in design engineering and introductory training at the design and technical center in Farmington Hills, MI.
* Candidate will perform additional 6 mo. training periods, and must be open to rotation to assignments at Kentucky or Georgia manufacturing plants.
* Candidate must be open to potential assignments overseas.