Electrical Foreman - Evonik 10/10/2017
IES Commercial & Industrial
Goose Creek, SC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Returning Candidate*
Log back in!
ELECTRICAL FOREMAN - EVONIK
ELECTRICAL FOREMAN - EVONIK
IES Commercial & Industrial
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
Postion Summary: Located in Goose Creek, SC. Supervises and coordinates the activities of craft workers engaged in the layout, installation, and repair of wiring, electrical fixtures, apparatus, and control
equipment. Routinely wears a tool belt and performs construction craft work as part of their regular job duties.
* Performs all electrical tasks using reason and logic with general supervision.
* Plans new or modified installations to effectively and efficiently construct or repair wiring, fixture, or equipment consistent with specifications and local electrical codes.
* Supervise and coordinate activities of assigned craft workers.
* Interpret specifications, blueprints, and job orders as needed for area of supervision.
* Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
* Establishes and adjusts work sequences to meet construction schedule, using knowledge of capacities of equipment and assigned personnel.
* May study schedules and estimate worker-hour requirements for completion of job.
* Analyzes and resolves work problems.
* Maintain time and attendance records.
* May make cost estimates for contracts.
* Inspects quality of finished work to insure conformance to specifications.
* Perform additional responsibilities as deemed necessary by management.
* Performs all electrical tasks with general supervision.
* In locations where applicable, possession of Journeyman license required. In other locations where applicable, industry recognized apprenticeship program completion certification.
* Generally requires the equivalent of 5 or more years experience
* Ability to perform duties in varying temperatures and multiple outside/inside work environments subject to change often.
* Must possess knowledge of national and state electrical codes.
* Ability to read, write, spell, and perform arithmetical operations rapidly and accurately.
* Must accurately interpret construction electrical drawings, terminate cables, install and trouble shoot control wiring from drawings; and rate information using personal judgment or standards that can be measured or checked.
* Ability to see detail in objects or drawings and recognize slight differences in shapes or shadings; and picture flat drawings as 3-dimensional objects.
* Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
* Demonstrate safe work habits and proper care for tools and equipment.
* Ability to effectively perform a variety of duties which may change often.
Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen and when applicable, if duties involve operating motor vehicle, must be able to pass motor vehicle record check.
IES is a national provider of industrial products and infrastructure services to a variety of end markets, including electrical, mechanical and communications contracting solutions for the commercial, industrial, residential and renewable energy markets. IES is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol IESC. As of the end of IES s 2016 fiscal year ending September 30, 2016, IES produced over $695 million in revenue and employed close to 4,000 employees at over 77 locations across the United States.
From office buildings to wind farms, industrial complexes to housing developments, our employees and design professionals design, build, and maintain the systems that empower lives.
Our commitment to our employees is reflected by our actions:
* Safety is Priority One and our record shows it
* Competitive Pay
* Company 401K plan with Employer Contribution Match
* Company Paid Life Insurance
* Choice of Medical Coverage including Prescription and Short Term Disability Plans
* Choice of Dental and Vision Coverage
* Optional Long-term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident, Legal and Pet Coverage
* Auto and Home Insurance Discount Programs
PLEASE NO AGENCY CALLS.
NOTE TO ALL AGENCIES: Any unsolicited agency resumes or agency represented candidates that are presented to any IES employee without first having a signed contract between that agency and the IES Talent Acquisition organization will become the property of IES and no fees will be paid.
EEO & Affirmative Action
The IES policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, or any other protected status or characteristic. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment, and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated. IES is also committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans. IES develops affirmative action programs to support its commitment to equal employment opportunity, consistent with company policy and the company s obligations as a contractor to the United States government.
View Your Equal Employment Opportunity rights under the law. "EEO is the Law" poster | "EEO is the Law" poster supplement
View IES' policy on Pay Transparency Pay Transparency NonDiscrimination Poster
IES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. IES provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need accommodation in the job application process should contact the IES corporate office at (713) 860-1500 or any IES office to request assistance.
IES Participates in E-Verify
Right to Work
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Share on your newsfeed
Go back to the welcome page
Software Powered by iCIMS