Electrician Industrial - Evonik
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/10/2017
END DATE 12/29/2017
IES Commercial & Industrial
Goose Creek, SC
JOB DESCRIPTIONReturning Candidate*
Log back in!
ELECTRICIAN INDUSTRIAL - EVONIK
ELECTRICIAN INDUSTRIAL - EVONIK
IES Commercial & Industrial
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
Journeyman Electrician - IES is seeking a Journeyman Electrician for an Industrial project located in Goose Creek, SC.
Position Summary: Journeyman Electricians will perform various electrical construction duties such as cable tray, conduit, wire pulling, light installation and terminations. Must have his/her own hand tools, good work ethic and positive attitude.
* Performs all electrical tasks under broad general supervision.
* Reads and accurately interprets construction electrical drawings, terminates cables, installs and trouble shoots control wiring from drawings.
* Organizes materials and tools to maintain clean and neat work areas.
* Demonstrates safe work habits and proper care for tools and equipment.
* Assists Electrician Helper and Electrician I level employees correctly interpret structural drawings
* Gives accurate directions to and helps lead and mentor assigned job site employees.
* May assist Lead Electricians or Foremen in giving directions in crew installations.
* Properly installs all types of electrical work or as directed.
* Installs and oversees all sizes of conduit installations, in a timely manner.
* Ensures and oversees safe use and safe handling of tools, equipment and materials for those under his / her direction.
* Mentors lower level electricians and helpers in safety principles and actions.
Work Environment / Physical Requirements
* Job requires working in all elements, depending on job location, heat, cold, rain, or snow and environmental conditions that present exposure to many odors, fumes, materials, substances and particulate matter over which the company has no control and often no forewarning of existence unless they are considered hazardous materials, and additional typical potential hazards company strives to protect those who work from heights and in compact spaces, both indoors and outdoors; may include exposure to loud and/or repetitive noises.
* Must be able to work from all type of ladders. (Must be able to carry and relocate 12' stepladder by one's self. Note: Employee's personal weight and personal tools cannot exceed weight limits of the ladder i.e. class 1 250lbs, class 1A 300lbs).
* Must wear personnel protective equipment at all times i.e. safety hard hats, safety glasses, work boots, or safety harnesses, etc. as required per project; and respirators when required.
* Repetitive use of arms, hands and fingers.
* Prohibited from working on energized circuits or in/with energized equipment.
* Maintaining body equilibrium and agility to prevent falling when walking, digging, standing, crouching, ascending or descending stairs.
* Bend, crouch, stoop, squat, craw, climb, kneel, balance, and work in small places.
* Climb and maintain balance on ladders and scaffolds.
* Bending the body at the waist, the legs at the knees, extending arms and hands in any direction in a repetitive manner.
* Lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
* Using upper extremities to apply or exert a force up to 20 lbs.
* Strong vision (naturally or with correction) to see and distinguish colors.
* Ability to access construction areas from street level to all levels of the project structure, when only access is by O.S.H.A. approved ladder or stairs still under construction.
* Ability to handle job stress and interact effectively with others in the workplace.
Essential Skills and Experience:
* Minimum 5 years' Industrial electrical experience.
* Must be technically proficient and knowledgeable in all phases of the electrical field.
* Must have own hand tools
Must be able to pass a pre-employment hair follicle drug screen. When applicable, if duties involve operating motor vehicle, must be able to pass a motor vehicle record check.
MINIMUM YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
IES is a national provider of industrial products and infrastructure services to a variety of end markets, including electrical, mechanical and communications contracting solutions for the commercial, industrial, residential and renewable energy markets. IES is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol IESC. As of the end of IES s 2016 fiscal year ending September 30, 2016, IES produced over $695 million in revenue and employed close to 4,000 employees at over 77 locations across the United States.
From office buildings to wind farms, industrial complexes to housing developments, our employees and design professionals design, build, and maintain the systems that empower lives.
Our commitment to our employees is reflected by our actions:
* Safety is Priority One and our record shows it
* Competitive Pay
* Company 401K plan with Employer Contribution Match
* Company Paid Time Off
* Company Paid Life Insurance
* Choice of Medical Coverage including Prescription and Short Term Disability Plans
* Choice of Dental and Vision Coverage
* Optional Long-term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident, Legal and Pet Coverage
* Auto and Home Insurance Discount Programs
PLEASE NO AGENCY CALLS.
NOTE TO ALL AGENCIES: Any unsolicited agency resumes or agency represented candidates that are presented to any IES employee without first having a signed contract between that agency and the IES Talent Acquisition organization will become the property of IES and no fees will be paid.
EEO & Affirmative Action
The IES policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, or any other protected status or characteristic. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment, and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated. IES is also committed to taking affirmative steps to promote the employment of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans. IES develops affirmative action programs to support its commitment to equal employment opportunity, consistent with company policy and the company s obligations as a contractor to the United States government.
View Your Equal Employment Opportunity rights under the law. "EEO is the Law" poster | "EEO is the Law" poster supplement
View IES' policy on Pay Transparency Pay Transparency NonDiscrimination Poster
IES is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. IES provides reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Applicants who need accommodation in the job application process should contact the IES corporate office at (713) 860-1500 or any IES office to request assistance.
IES Participates in E-Verify
Right to Work
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Share on your newsfeed
Go back to the welcome page
Software Powered by iCIMS