This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/10/2017
END DATE 12/10/2017
TDX Holdings, LLC
Prudhoe Bay, AK
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Snapshot Location : Prudhoe Bay, AK
* (Map it!) Loading map ...
Employee Type : Full-Time
Industry : Energy - Utilities - Gas - Electric
Manages Others : Not Specified
Job Type : Installation - Maint - Repair
Experience : Not Specified
Division : TDX NSG- PRUDHOE BAY
Post Date : 11/9/2017
Contact Information Contact : HR
Phone : 9072782312
Ref ID : Electrician Lineman
Fax : 9072782316
Install, operate and maintain the variousutility electrical power distribution systems to include new installation, removal,maintenance, repair, and operation of underground distribution systems.Required to be able to perform non-scheduled work as emergency and outage situationsrequire while on site.
* Install, maintain and repair electrical underground distribution equipment such as substations, switches, capacitors, transformers, pre-cast concrete and fiberglass foundations; electrical cables in ducts or direct burial; cable risers; splices and terminations non-leaded medium voltage cables; entire substation construction including installation of structures, switches, insulators, buses, foundations and associated equipment.
* Perform installation design and construction of new services or distribution system projects.
* Install and maintain customer services, including transformer installation, maintenance and testing; wiring and installation of meter bases, and general maintenance and testing of customer s electrical service.
* Test and configure electric meters using precision test equipment and computer software.
* Advise of any system changes and provide the necessary paperwork required to document changes, provide recommendations for upgrades, repair, and system modifications.
* Maintain distribution system drawings and documentation.
* Perform inspections on customer installed new services.
* Perform line locates.
* Maintain site inventory lists and purchase order requests for supplies, materials and repair parts.
* Analyze circuits, wiring diagrams and drawings to install, repair, calibrate, service or replace electrical components and systems.
Provide wiring diagrams, specifications, instructions and supervision of other TDX employees or third party contractors.
Start up and shut down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures for machine activation and shutdown and in line with OSHA requirements.
Understand and follow National Electric Safety Code and other regulatory requirements.
Ability to work independently in challenging climatic conditions and under time constraints.
* Manage emergencies and special support work, such as utility outages and/or any special event(s).
* Perform meter reading duties as necessary; maintain meter reading equipment and instruct others in the correct reading of meters.
* Drive and maintain the mobile workshop truck; maintain its tools and inventory.
* Comply with all required environmental, health, and safety programs.
Actively maintain public relations and serve as a point of contact for customers.
Assure all consumer complaints are handled in a professional manner that best serves TDX Power.
Assist plant operator with maintenance of power plant facilities, equipment and vehicles.
Perform other duties as assigned
Toperform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the followingcompetencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
* High degree of safety awareness, care and attention to surroundings when in working in hazardous environments with no tolerance for mistakes, such as working on hot circuits
* Self-sufficient and self-motivated. Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
* Ability to identify and remedy problems without being specifically tasked by supervisor.
* Flexible self-starter; demonstrating problem solving skills.
* Ability to follow up and provide status and documentation on actions assigned; ability to multi-task.
* Must demonstrate a customer service attitude, handle difficult situations with diplomacy and work well with co-workers. Provide leadership when required.
* Effectiveness in diagnosing problems to minimize down-time and cost Ability to functioning well in severe conditions and under pressure to restore power or trouble-shoot and repair critical equipment
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) .
* Ability to manage several projects, maintaining schedule and cost targets.
* Recognizes need for confidentiality and securing of sensitive information.
This job description in no way states or implies that these arethe only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required tofollow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by hisor her supervisor. Thestatements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of workbeing performed by the employee in this position. They are not to be constructed as anexhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person inthis position. Furthermore, they do notestablish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretionof North Slope Generating.
All interested applicants need to submit a resume by close of business on October 23rd, 2017 Requirements
* High school diploma or equivalent with a minimum 3 years work in the electrical field as a lineman.
* Prefer a current Journeyman Lineman License; required Journeyman Master Electrician State of Alaska fitness certification.
* A valid drivers license issued by state of residence and in good standing; CDL license not required.
* Ability to successfully read, understand and draw electrical drawings and schematics to include the symbols, terminology pertaining to electrical drawings and schematics as commonly utilized in electric utilities.
* Ability to climb in overhead structures, to work beneath machines and in close quarters while performing analysis and repair work
* Experience working in remote locations under severe climatic conditions, preferably arctic regions. Ability to work extended work schedules, often in unpleasant or severe weather conditions; in- and outdoors
* Working knowledge of principles of diesel power generation maintenance and experience in diesel equipment maintenance and repair preferred.
* Hazop Response certification preferred.
* Broad knowledge in maintenance methods and practices
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, priorities, and relationships
* Demonstrated ability to work in teams and supervise other electricians as the situation requires.
* U.S. citizenship or U.S. permanent resident status required.
* May be required to pass security clearance investigation..