Electrician, Maintenance 9/20/2017
Lhoist North America
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
POSITION SUMMARY: Position consists of electrical and instrumentation inspections, repairs and rebuilds on all plant equipment.
RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS:
Perform the repair and preventative maintenance of process equipment.
* Troubleshoot and repair the plant s electrical system and instrumentation.
* Install conduits, wiring, and switchgear per NEC/local electrical codes.
* Perform instrumentation calibration on a required/routine basis.
* Perform diagnostic checks and repairs on electronic components.
* Install and maintain PLC components.
* Program and maintain the plant s PLC ladder logic.
* Perform minor cutting and welding for conduit or electrical equipment installation.
* Maintain, repair and/or replace the plant s electrical system per NEC, local and MSHA electrical codes.
* Remain abreast of new and changed NEC, local and MSHA electrical codes.
* Perform grounding systems testing on plant equipment and transformers.
* Perform minor electrical repairs to mobile/heavy equipment.
* Maintain proper electrical and instrumentation spare parts.
* Complete necessary paperwork to maintain inventory or procurement of spare parts and equipment.
* Perform necessary preventative maintenance checks and repairs.
* Initiate work order requests in SAP as needed repairs are required.
* Ensure all inventory parts are correctly charged from store
* Ensure all parts are available before starting job.
* Must be well versed on all aspects of safety.
* Comply with company, state, and governmental health and safety regulations at all times.
* Complete and document Workplace Inspections in a timely manner.
* Ensure maintenance tools are kept in good condition, repaired or replaced when necessary.
* Possess knowledge of the CMMS System to ensure that work orders and checklists are complete accurately.
* Upgrade skills by participating in vendor and company-designated training.
* Train on any new equipment installations.
* Effective communication skills, in both oral and in written forms.
* Must have a telephone and be open to call-outs.
* Experienced in conduit and wire installation.
* Experienced in grounding system testing.
* Experience in low and high voltage maintenance and troubleshooting.
* Knowledgeable in basic computer skills.
* Must meet all local requirements to function as a journeyman electrician, which may require licensing in some states.
* Must be able to effectively communicate and interact with supervisors and peers.
* Must be able to work shift work, seven days a week including holidays and be flexible to schedule changes.
* Read, write, and interpret documents such as work orders, safety rules, standard operating procedures, electrical drawings, maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
Physical Demands include, but are not limited to:
* Tolerate working outside in severe weather conditions as well as exposure to industrial high temperature, noise and dust.
* Access all areas within a site which could include heights of 120 feet, confined spaces, climbing ladders or stairs, and accessing tunnels.
* Able to lift over 50 pounds.
* Work day or shift work and also be able to take call out as needed. Work as needed if there are issues with equipment in the plant after normal hours or weekends.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: A minimum of five years in industrial or equivalent electrical experience. A minimum of two years in instrumentation calibration and PLC s.
REQUIRED EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED equivalent.
FOR THIS POSITION, BEING AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE U.S. IS A PRECONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT.
Lhoist North America offers a comprehensive benefits package including, but not limited to: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K, and vacation. LNA also supports employee work-life balance with telecommuting and compressed workweek options for many positions.
Lhoist North America is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
RESPONSIBILITIES, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
LANGUAGE SKILLS (DESIRABLE)