Electro-Mechanical Designer I (2013111) 9/19/2017
East Syracuse, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
The Electro-Mechanical Designer is responsible for timely and accurate circuit layout, detail drawings and documentation of electro-mechanical components to support existing and new product designs. The responsibilities include simple to complex RF circuit layouts, component detail and assembly drawings. The Designer shall be capable of working independently to support all the drawing and documentation activities. Digital circuit layout experience is a plus.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Ensures execution of tasks that will meet the program goals and objectives, which include but are not limited to, customer specifications, internal design standards, industry standards, scheduled commitments or other stated requirements
* Provides program support to Project Management Engineers consisting of executing and monitoring day-to-day commitments and tasks
a. Prepare detail drawings and artworks for internal and external printed circuit board fabrication
b. Create and maintain electro-mechanical 2D and 3D part/assembly drawings
c. Build and maintain the drawing product structure (bill of materials)
d. Create part numbers; maintain the electronic file management of the part drawing
e. Implement Release/Change Notice (RCN) * Completes tasks on schedule; maintains organized records; works systematically and efficiently; and is detail oriented
* Interprets requirements as needed from the program team to facilitate the design's functionality from the customer and internal specifications with professional collaboration, integrity, and respect
* Provides support to Engineers, Designers and assists Detailers as required
* Complies with and supports company policies and programs regarding safety, security, ISO, EEO, OSHA and the Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
* Perform all other related duties as assigned
* Excellent PC Skills (Microsoft Office and other ERP-type Business Management LAN programs)
* Proficient in ASME drafting standards and IPC standards
* Proficient in AutoCAD. CAM 350 and FAB3000 a plus
* Basic knowledge with 3D CAD package (Autodesk Inventor or equivalent)
* Knowledge of Printed Circuit Board manufacturing processes and equipmen
a. Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Fabrication
b. Measurement Tool and Methodology (micrometers, calipers and CMM)
c. PCB technology terms * Effectively conveys pertinent information in a constructive manner verbally and/or written format
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Exceptional interpersonal skills; works effectively in a team environment by communicating positively and sharing ideas with one another
* Resolves or escalates issues in a timely manner; often involves their supervisor, the program manager or engineer
* Actively pursues opportunities to expand job-related knowledge
Education: Associate Degree, Electrical / Mechanical Technology equivalent required.
Experience: 0-3 years of relevant experience.
Must be eligible to work on defense and satellite programs subject to ITAR Regulations. Therefore, candidates must be a U.S. Citizen or a U.S. Permanent Resident (\'Green Card\')
Anaren is a VEVRAA/Federal Contractor and EEO/AA Employer, including disabled and veterans.
East Syracuse, New York, United States