Electronic Design Engineer 10/10/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Category (For Job Seekers)
H4381 - 438 SCI Plant 2 - Huntsville, 35803 US (Primary)
Electronic Design Engineer
SCI Technology Inc., a Sanmina company, is a leader in the design, development, manufacturing and sustainment of Avionics, Tactical Electronics and Sensor systems. We are looking for creative minds to join our Aircraft Systems team as an Electrical Design Engineer. In this position, you will be performing complex assignments often requiring development of new or improved avionics products/processes/techniques in support of various Department of Defense (DoD) and commercial aircraft applications. This position requires an ability to interpret, on a broad basis, the principles, theories, and concepts of the engineering specialty. You will be expected to support a product s electrical design activity from requirements definition through development, qualification testing and low rate initial production (LRIP). You may also be involved in modifying, redesigning or refreshing existing products to extend their life cycle or to accommodate applications in other aircraft. At the Staff level, the employee is expected to perform their duties independently or as part of a small team in one or more complex technical areas with little or no supervision, able to adapt skills to new technologies and new technical areas.
Nature of Duties/ Responsibilities:
* Work with cross-functional project teams to develop, maintain, and upgrade products
* Develop electronic circuits to perform functions per requirements
* Generate electrical documentation (schematics, BOMs, test plans)
* Develop prototype circuit boards for verification of design and software development
* Support systems development (provide requirements analysis results, test plans, etc.)
* Support product validation (provide test support items, verify test setups, evaluate unexpected test findings, identify problems found with the product design and implement solutions, update test tracking documentation, close product design issues in the validation tracking system).
* Create planning, design, implementation and verification documentation for both internal use and delivery to customer
* Collaborate with hardware engineers and program team to create overall system and product design specifications
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering degree from a four-year college or university
* A minimum of 8 years relevant engineering work experience
* Must be a US Citizen
* Must be able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance at any time
* Strong problem solving skills, good communication skills, and ability to work in a team
* Self-starter ability to function with little direct oversight
* Knowledge of low-level analog design techniques
* VHDL and FPGA design experience
* Logic Simulation
* Computer skills (MS Office)
* Proficient in requirements based FPGA simulations and test bench suites.
* Significant experience with Xilinx tools including EDK, ISE and Vivado.
* Working familiarity with various simulation tools.
* Familiarity with Orcad Schematic Capture a plus
* Working familiarity with DOD style technical documentation generation
* Minimal (5%) travel may be required
EEO Employer Vets/Disabled