Electronic Technician/Maintenance B 10/11/2017
INTERNATIONAL PAPER CO
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Electronic Technician/Mechanic B Corrugated Container Facility
International Paper (http://www.internationalpaper.com) is the world s largest paper and forest products company. Primary businesses include paper, packaging and forest products for a variety of end uses. International Paper is a Fortune 500 Company with operations around the globe.
The Manson Container plant has an opening for an Electronic Technician/Mechanic B to join our maintenance team. The successful candidate for this multi-craft position should be able to conduct, maintain, test and repair electrical/electronic, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems and components, as well as apply knowledge of electrical/electronics and mechanical principles in determining equipment malfunctions and apply skills in restoring equipment to operation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Installs, starts up and shuts down equipment in accordance with company safety procedures for machine activation and shutdown and in line with OSHA requirements.
* Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical/electronic equipment including but not limited to programmable controls, numeral controls, power supplies, drives, gauges, and test equipment.
* Plans and performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical theories and principles, writing specification, local and national electrical codes, properties of various materials, and principles of operation and application of electronic equipment.
* Performs preventive maintenance functions as directed.
* Reads blueprints, schematics, and drawings.
* Maintains company-required performance and maintenance records for identified equipment.
* Must be able to coordinate multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
* Receptive to training and performing functions in multiple areas.
* Maintains a clean, organized and safe work environment; responsible for proper waste disposal
* Must be able to successfully function within a team environment and be able to adapt to change.
* Performs other duties as required.
* Vocational or specialized training beyond high school in electronics/industrial maintenance or minimum of 3 years of proven experience in electrical/electronics, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic fields is required and the ability to demonstrate high proficiency in these areas.
* 3 years minimum experience and ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
* A thorough knowledge of electrical/electronic components and equipment including the use of special instruments for diagnostic purposes.
* Computer experience/operation and PLC programming are necessary.
* Ability to utilize laptop for analyzing and troubleshooting.
* High degree of precision working with close tolerances.
* Ability to climb in overhead structures, to work beneath machines and in close quarters performing analysis and repair work.
* Willing to work any shift and overtime as required.
* Autonomy Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
* Detail Oriented Ability to pay attention to minute details of a project or task.
* Resilient Ability to recover from, or adjust to, misfortune or setbacks.
* Self Motivated Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one s ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
* Working Under Pressure Ability to complete assigned tasks un.