Electronics Radar Technician - FSU Systems 9/19/2017
Scientific Research Corporation
North Charleston, SC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* An Electronics Technician Maintenance III applies advanced technical knowledge to solve complex problems that typically cannot be solved solely by referencing manufacturers' manuals or similar documents. Examples of such problems include determining the location and density of circuitry, evaluating electromagnetic radiation, isolating malfunctions, and incorporating engineering; changes.
* Work typically requires an understanding of the interrelationships of circuits, exercising independent judgment in performing such tasks as making circuit analyses, calculating wave forms, and tracing relationships in signal flow, using complex test instruments such as high frequency pulse generators, frequency synthesizers, distortion analyzers, and complex computer control equipment.
* Work may be reviewed by supervisor for general compliance with accepted practices. This position may provide technical guidance to lower level technicians.
* Responsible for Periodic Maintenance and general condition of Former Soviet Union and/or Replica Threat Radar Simulator. This includes reading/understanding technical orders and applications to aid in maintaining threat operational capability.
* Responsibilities also include operating system to test, train and support Red Flag-Alaska's Major Flying Exercises and daily flying operations.
* Provide operation, maintenance, and sustainment to the AN/MPS-T1 Replica/FSU Threat Radar at the JPARC on Eielson, AFB. It is critical to have exposure to the different frequency band versions of this simulator (S-Band and X-Band).
* Ability to understand system level operation as well as system level diagnosis for repair, maintenance, and sustainment.
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
FILLING THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
* RF radar technician experience
* Proficient in diagnosis and solving of problems associated with complex radar systems and simulators
* Education or training in electronics
* Ability to understand wiring diagrams.
* Ability to physically maneuver in and around large pieces of equipment.
DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
* Direct experience operating or maintaining FSU threat radar systems
THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled