This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 10/10/2017
END DATE 12/11/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONReq ID: 101580
General summary of duties: Functions as an adjunct Instructor for identified courses. Instruction may include skill labs, coordinating patient care scenarios, content delivery. Courses may include EMT, AEMT, Paramedic, and/or standardized courses (IE ACLS, PALS, PHTLS).
This position will take place on a per diem basis.
Job responsibilities and knowledge
* Ensures that practice and theory are current according to national standards and current evidence informed practice.
* Serves as an instructor/facilitator in skill labs using Program established teaching, evaluation, and testing tools.
* Serves as an instructor/facilitator of patient care scenarios.
* Maintains accurate documentation of student performance.
* Evaluates students in all three domains (cognitive, psychomotor, and affective) and provides feedback to students as appropriate and agreed upon with the Lead Instructor.
* Presents content for each course as mutually established with the Program Manager
* Supervises students in the clinical areas as scheduled in conjunction with the Clinical Coordinator, as assigned.
* Remains current with State and local EMS requirements, policies, and procedures.
* Maintains Instructor status for standardized courses as mutually agreed upon.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Establishes and maintains positive working relationships within the organization based on experience and feedback obtained.
* Utilizes tact and appropriate problem-solving process when dealing with issues identified.
* Relays concerns and initiates problem solving in a timely manner.
* Interacts positively with staff members and students.
* Serves as a role model for students.
* Uses discretion and maintains confidentiality regarding student information.
* Executes assignments to achieve optimal productivity and efficiency.
* Demonstrates an appreciation of cost factors in the routine performance of duties.
* Assists staff with the maintenance of Program equipment.
* Responds and adapts to changing expectations and reprioritizes as necessary to expedite Program needs.
* Assumes responsibility for effectively addressing issues and solving problems.
* Demonstrates good judgment in handling situations not covered by written or verbal instructions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Ability to deliver educational presentations applying principles of adult learning.
* Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
* Ability to work with other employees, supervisors and external parties.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality of privileged information gained as result of positon functions.
* Ability to work independently and under pressure.
* Completion of an approved Instructor course
* Associates degree preferred
* AHA BLS Instructor preferred
* AHA ACLS Instructor preferred
* PHTLS or ITLS Instructor preferred
* Instructor of either PALS or PEPP or EPC preferred
* Minimum 3 years progressive experience in a field/clinical setting as an EMT or Paramedic
* Experience as an adjunct instructor preferred
Licensure/certification: Certified EMT or Paramedic
* NREMT Preferred
* Current certification/licensure in the Program state
Physical demands/working conditions: Requires prolonged sitting, lifting and bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Work is performed in a variety of settings to include field; emergency department and office environment. Work may be stressful at times.
EOE Including Veterans and Disabled