This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/20/2017
END DATE 11/17/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONIn this position, the Endoscopy Tech is responsible for the provision of endoscopic instrumentation and assists the RN with implementation of the patient plan of care, the management of resources and the protection of the patients rights.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
PERIOPERATIVE PATIENT CARE
* Utilizes the patient plan of care as reported by the Endoscopy RN in structuring own activities to meet the patient needs.
* Consults with the physician as appropriate to determine the procedure and technical requirements prior to the start of the procedure.
* Remains continuously alert to changes in the patients condition, communicates the changes to the RN and takes appropriate actions.
* Monitors the sensory environment and conversations in patient care area to create a respectful atmosphere when the patient is asleep or awake and assists in providing for the patients emotional needs.
ESTABLISHMENT AND MAINTENANCE OF A SAFE ENVIRONMENT.
* Uses principles of aseptic practice in varying situations and monitors compliance and follows policies for safely managing medications within the sterile field.
* Protects patient from injury related to external force or pressure from external forces during the procedure.
MANAGEMENT OF RESOURCES
* Anticipates the needs of the physician for instruments and supplies in an organized and timely manner.
* Collaborates with the RN and assists with documenting the use of equipment and supply consumption for accurate charging and inventory management.
* Collaborates with Endoscopy Team staff to manage instrument conflict and coordinate instrument turnovers.
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* Minimum of one year experience as a Surgical Team Assistant, CNA, Ambulatory Care Tech or equivalent patient care position
* Current BLS certification
* Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically within a multi-functional team
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
* Ability to successfully function in a fast paced, service oriented environment
* Experience in understanding and usage of computers, including Microsoft Word, as well as the ability to learn applications relevant to the position
Qualifications MT-Billings/Surrounding Areas-Billings