This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/20/2017
END DATE 11/18/2017
The primary responsibilities of this position are to assist in the growth of our customer base and project backlog through energy assessments of existing or proposed building systems with the intent to reduce energy costs or improve energy efficiency. This may involve field inspections, utility bill analysis, data collection or sub-metering, thermal imaging services, and equipment surveys. Additional responsibilities include preparation of reports, calculations and other program or technical documentation. This position will also provide various types of support to project managers, sales personnel, current customers, potential customers and vendors and assure that projects are organized and performed safely and on time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned:
* Review, understand, and file NYSERDA, Utility, and Federal energy and rebates on behalf of clients.
* Assist project managers and sales personnel with energy assessments and site surveys. Aid in the development of final reports to be reviewed with clients.
* Work with NYSERDA, utility, and federal agencies to assure rebates and grants are processed in a timely manner.
* Communicate with customers, as well as our staff, throughout the progress of the agreement/project to assure customer satisfaction and profitability.
* Review customer list and equipment types to identify targets for energy assessments, projects, and/or Facility Maintenance (FM) agreements.
* Schedule visits to customer and/or potential customer sites w/ technicians, sales personnel, or as scheduled on your own to review sites and identify opportunities.
* Provide project managers and salesman with cost estimates as necessary for assessments and surveys.
* Provide required field surveys as required for project managers and sales personnel.
* Assist with projects, estimating, design, drawings, manpower, work schedules, materials, submittals and operations manuals as needed.
* Assist project manager and sales personnel in design solutions for projects, including; design and design evaluation, load sizing, building energy modeling, design drawings.
* Keep records of work done for each client/opportunity.
* Enforce corporate policy on safety, work ethics and time constraints.
* Ensure that work is executed as scheduled and that only emergency jobs interrupt normally scheduled work.
* Attend weekly energy group project review meetings.
* Prepare or review reports on progress and adjust work schedules as required so that the results can be discussed during the weekly energy group meeting.
* Will be required to complete NFPA 70E and OSHA training.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
* Four-year technical degree or equivalent experience
* Two or more years experience in energy use/utility analysis.
* Adept with computer programs and desire to learn building system modeling.
* Able to deal with customers and others at all levels.
* Demonstrated leadership abilities.
* Must be a team player, committed to working in a quality environment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Write routine reports and correspondence; speak effectively before customers, employees, and potential employees.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Must be able to comprehend mathematical equations associated to the performance of energy consuming equipment, including principles in heat transfer, thermodynamics, fluid systems, electrical systems, etc.
Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of technical issues.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Maintain violation free Driver's license, all state occupational licenses and certifications.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Higher education or equivalent from two-year or four-year college; or 5-10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear, smell and lift, set-up and climb ladders as well as stairways. The employee is frequently required to stand and occasionally sit. The employee must regularly lift and /or move various weight ranges such as: 0-50 lbs frequently, 51-100 lbs occasionally and 101 plus seldom. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Maintain a neat and clean appearance and utilize all protective equipment provided and as required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock, vibration and may potentially be exposed to explosives and risk of radiation. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
COMMITMENT TO SAFETY
It is the policy of EMCOR Services - Betlem to conduct all business activities in a responsible manner, free from recognized hazards; and to respect the environment, health and safety of our employees, customers, suppliers, partners, and community neighbors. EMCOR Services - Betlem is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace. It will not be satisfied until its premises and services are free of recognized hazards, its employees injury-free, and its operations environmentally friendly. We will provide training, protective equipment, and the safest work environment possible for our employees to perform their jobs, but in the end, Safety becomes an individual responsibility. Protecting people and the environment must be part of everything we do and every business decision we make.,